Senior Backend Software Engineer
ENGINEERING – PMM /
We’re looking for a Senior Backend Software Engineer with extensive professional development experience to join our Portal team and help build Percona Platform. This is an amazing opportunity to build something from the ground up and integrate our existing Client/Server products with Cloud to deliver a new wave of services and functionality to our users.
The work is challenging, but that’s why it’s also fun and rewarding! Plus, our team is small, so you and your work will have a large impact.
What You Will Do
- Contribute to the overall technical direction of Percona Platform Portal
- Design, architect, and build performant, reliable, scalable, high-quality system services focused on user delight
- Interact with architects and product managers and break down high-level specs into simpler, shippable tasks
- Solve technical challenges of significant scope and high complexity
- Provide mentorship for Associate and Intermediate Engineers on your team to help them grow in their technical responsibilities
- Collaborate with other Percona teams when working on cross team projects
- Identify, leverage, and successfully evangelize opportunities to improve engineering productivity
- Propose and implement process changes that strengthen and maintain team efficiency
- Participate in technical articles writing, blogging, conference speaking, or any other activity to engage with our open source community
- Significant professional experience programming in any popular server-side language, ideally Go/C/C++/C#
- Experience in building and scaling web apps or SaaS products
- Desire and ability to quickly learn and adopt new technologies
- A focus on code quality
- Proficiency in designing, building, and documenting APIs
- Experience with open source database systems such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, or MongoDB
- Development experience on cloud computing platform (AWS or GCP or OpenShift)
- Excellent English written and verbal language skills, sufficient for success in a fully remote work environment
- Ability to work with others in a highly agile, intensely iterative software development process as well as independently
What Will Make You Stand Out
- Experience with Go. Our backend services are written in Go
- Familiarity with Percona products, especially Percona Monitoring and Management (PMM)
- Experience contributing to open source projects
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with continuous deployment to cloud / virtualized environments (“DevOps”)
- College degree in Computer Science or Similar
Percona is a respected thought leader in the open source community. We provide services and software for MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL and MariaDB to open source users globally.
Percona is remote-first and globally dispersed; we have colleagues in more than 40 countries. We offer a collaborative, highly-engaged culture where your ideas are welcome and your voice is heard. The growth and development of our staff is a top priority; we provide funding for training, certifications, conferences and more.
Discover what it means to work with some of the smartest people in the industry, who also know how to have fun and are always willing to lend a helping hand. We offer flexible hours, the ability to work remotely and the amazing experience of working with a multinational team of experts.