MySQL QA Engineer
ENGINEERING – Server-Eng-1 /
Percona is a respected thought leader in the open source community. We provide services and software for MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL and Maria DB to open source users globally.
Percona is remote-first and globally dispersed; we have 250 people in almost 40 countries. We offer a collaborative, highly-engaged culture where your ideas are welcome and your voice is heard. The growth and development of our staff is a top priority; we provide funding for training, certifications, conferences and more.
Discover what it means to work with some of the smartest people in the industry, who also know how to have fun and are always willing to lend a helping hand. We offer flexible hours, the ability to work remotely and the amazing experience of working with a multinational team of experts.
Percona is looking for a flexible and efficient QA engineer to join its QA team. You will work from your home office, using online tools and resources to contribute to a high-quality QA environment for Percona and it's customers. Some travel is required for meetings etc. Access to a reliable high-speed internet connection is required. Flexible work hours. Laptop & Internet access are provided.
What You Will Do
* Evaluate Percona products and new features based on a QA plan, locating product issues & bugs
* Monitor, and analyze/log failures for; automated regression, performance, packaging and/or other automated QA systems
* Perform monitoring of, and continue implementation of, Percona's automated QA systems & infrastructure
* Assist Percona clients with implementing various items relating to their Quality Assurance environment
* Assist with the implementation of various internal projects
* Solid Bash scripting skills
* Proficiency with relational databases
* Experience with networking, hardware, file systems, server connectivity etc.
* Good communicator & fluent in written and spoken English
* Quick learner & great team player
* Debugging experience
Good-to-have Skills (in order of priority)
* Previous exposure and experience in database-related technologies, for example, in a DBA, support or development role
* Experience in Linux systems administration
* Experience with compiling/building/packaging/release engineering/yum/apt
* Coding skills in any language, especially C/C++
* Previous experience with Docker or virtualization
* Proven success working in a distributed environment
* Tertiary studies degree or certifications related to core skills
* Supplemental MySQL technologies
Location/Time zone: Multiple countries