Sr Salesforce System Administrator - remote
ADMINISTRATION – Finance
Percona is looking to add an experienced Senior Salesforce System Administrator to the growing Sales Operations Team to lead administration and architecture efforts in Salesforce and related applications. This person will partner with business leadership to optimize, customize and configure current software to meet the needs of the business based on industry best practices.
The Senior Salesforce System Administrator is the primary architect for company-wide Salesforce systems and will be part of a team for day-to-day Salesforce support. This position will improve the technology infrastructure while minimizing the disruption to the end user.
What will you be doing?
- Primary owner and point of contact for the Salesforce platform
- Engage with leadership to gather and analyze requirements, propose solutions that leverage Salesforce functionality and translate approved solutions into actionable work and deliverables
- Identify improvements to align with best practices and prioritize improvements to the sales cycle
- Partners with leadership to recommend solutions to business needs based upon on-going research into new system features and functionality
- Manages continuing configuration of business system, user maintenance and data cleanup
- Support Salesforce integrations with other applications including but not limited to Hubspot, Intacct, and ServiceNow.
- Evaluate new Salesforce releases and applications, lead plans for their implementation, and remain current with Salesforce administration best practices.
- Maintain collaborative relationships with external vendors to achieve project goals, where necessary
- Participate in the evolution of team best practices, standards and policies.
- Develops and communicates training for users regarding system usage, releases and enhancements
- Maintains end-user guides, release notes and all support documentation, including tracking bugs, enhancements and features
- Partners with developers and vendors to ensure business requirements are fully implemented, thorough testing is complete and system quality maintained
- Maintain functionality and enhancements for integrated systems
- Provide general support to application users
- Champion of Salesforce and Salesforce best practices
Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- 3+ years experience within the software, technology, or XaaS industries
- 5+ years experience as a Salesforce Administrator
- Experience implementing, configuring and/or administering Salesforce related systems:
- Configure Price Quote (CPQ)
- ServiceNow (a plus)
- Intacct (a plus)
- Ability to understand complex business processes and make recommendations to align with industry and system best practices
- Proficient utilizing Salesforce Sandbox for enhancements and change management practices
- Familiarity with Force.com/Apex/Visual Force
- Experience as the Salesforce expert relative to area of responsibilities
- Salesforce.com Administrator Certification(s)
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, fully virtual work environment
- Strong organizational capabilities and ability to manage multiple time-critical projects
- Self-starter who can work independently and proactively to resolve issues, take ownership of projects and processes
- Proficient and excellent English written and verbal skills
Location/Time zone: Worldwide but requires the ability to work during Eastern Time Zone a minimum of 5 hours per work day
Travel per year: 1-3 times per year for team meetings
Remote work from home openings require consistent and strong internet access.
HQ is in Durham, NC USA. Staff members should be available if there is a need for any onsite trainings and/or events at any time.
Note that your legal agreement will be with Percona Staffing LLC, a USA corporation and a subsidiary of Percona LLC.