QA / DevOps Engineer (PostgreSQL)
ENGINEERING – Engineering - Server /
Percona takes pride in delivering stable and reliable software to our users. We are looking for a flexible and efficient QA engineer to join our QA team. In this role, you will support our distributed engineering team by maintaining and improving the quality of our software products as part of the release process and in an ongoing fashion. This includes tasks such as analyzing and reporting defects captured by our automated testing frameworks, as well as defining and implementing new test cases, improving and scaling our testing capabilities and infrastructure.
You will work from your home office, using online tools and resources to contribute to a high-quality QA environment for Percona and our customers. Access to a reliable high-speed internet connection is required. Flexible work hours.
What You Will Do
- Contribute to the DevOps and release management lifecycle which includes coordinating, testing and the management of releases in collaboration with the Percona server engineering teams
- Evaluate and improve Percona products and new features based on QA plans, locating product issues & bugs
- Monitor, and analyze/log failures of automated regression, performance, packaging and/or other automated QA systems
- Perform monitoring and improving of Percona's automated QA systems & infrastructure
- Research and recommend tools, behaviors and strategies for making testing better
- Utilize scripting languages such as Shell or Python to enhance testing and improve automation
- Participate in technical articles writing, blogging, conference speaking engagements, participating in our public forums
- Solid debugging skills and experience (e.g. analyzing log files, spotting patterns)
- Working with established test automation tools and frameworks (CI/CD)
- Automating tasks using Shell or other scripting languages
- Experience with tools for tracking and documenting development processes (JIRA, Confluence, git)
- Solid Linux sysadmin skills (e.g. adding/removing software, enabling/disabling services, general Unix/Linux CLI tools)
- Experience with networking, hardware, file systems, server connectivity etc.
- Good communicator & fluent in written and spoken English
- Quick learner & great team player
What Will Make You Stand Out
- Previous exposure and experience in database-related technologies, for example, in a DBA, support or development role
- Testing/QA experience of distributed systems
- Experience in Linux systems administration
- Experience with compiling/building/packaging/release engineering/yum/apt
- Coding and debugging skills in any language preferably C++, Python
- Previous experience with container and/or virtualization environments
- Proven success working in a distributed environmentTertiary studies degree or certifications related to core skills
- Supplemental PostgreSQL technologies
- Experienced conference speaker, technical blog writer, activity on public forums or mailing lists
Percona is a respected thought leader in the open source community. We provide services and software for MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL and MariaDB to open source users globally.
Percona is remote-first and globally dispersed; we have 250 Staff members in more than 40 countries. We offer a collaborative, highly-engaged culture where your ideas are welcome and your voice is heard. The growth and development of our staff is a top priority; we provide funding for training, certifications, conferences and more.
Discover what it means to work with some of the smartest people in the industry, who also know how to have fun and are always willing to lend a helping hand. We offer flexible hours, the ability to work remotely and the amazing experience of working with a multinational team of experts.