GLOBAL SERVICES – Support Services /
Percona Support is a global, elite team of engineers who love getting to the bottom of weird and interesting database behavior. We understand our customers’ business needs and the nuances of their technical environments. This allows us to help our customers see the big picture and identify opportunities to improve their overall database infrastructures.
This is not a boring, entry-level role where you’ll just be triaging the boring and monotonous. We are not a call-center operation, we are a team of senior IT folks with a collective knowledge that solve problems for Inc 50 companies and work with some of the largest MySQL deployments in the world.
You’ll be teaming with some of the most well known database ninjas in the industry who are even better teammates, friends and mentors. This is a mid-level position, where senior personnel will be assisting you to improve and develop your own skills and become more proficient with databases than you can possibly imagine.
This is a 100% remote role, so you can be located anywhere in the world. All you need is a decent, stable internet connection.
What does it take to be a Percona Super Hero?
- Good hands-on knowledge of both MySQL and InnoDB
- Skilled with some of the MySQL ecosystem of tools and technologies
- Knowledgeable about performance tuning, query optimization, & index tuning
- Know-how of backup solutions such as Percona XtraBackup, mydumper, etc, and also of Point-in-Time-Recovery
- Some experience with high availability solutions (replication, routers, proxies, etc)
- Exposure and practice with zero-downtime procedures
- Good understanding of monitoring requirements
- Demonstrable experience of administering Linux based systems
- Ability to troubleshoot methodically, identifying and applying fixes for known errors, and when necessary, capacity to think outside of the box to resolve complex issues
- Be self-taught and enthused to grow your skill set with new technologies as the industry continues to evolve
- Availability to travel for the occasional team meeting, conference or customer visit
- Experience working with customers in English
What will make you stand out?
- Experience working in SLA-bound operations
- Open Source Community contributions (could be a blog)
- Good practice with working over screen-sharing/phone
- Knowledge of any of the following technologies
- Galera / XtraDB Cluster / ProxySQL / Orchestrator
- Cloud Services such as AWS and RDS, Azure, GCP
- Percona Monitoring & Management (PMM) and other monitoring tools
- Configuration management solutions such as Ansible, Puppet or Chef
- Percona Toolkit suite
- MySQL DBA professional certifications
- Kubernetes / OpenShift / Docker
- Advanced Linux troubleshooting tools (gdb, perf, strace, bpftrace, tcpdump, etc)
Percona is an industry leader in providing elite services, training and software for MySQL®, MariaDB®, MongoDB®, PostgreSQL® and other open source databases in on-premises and cloud environments. Our services and software accommodate rapid growth and application development, help companies develop and deploy agile solutions and improve your ability to keep up with customer needs.