Manager - Customer Success (Account Management) - remote US
GLOBAL SERVICES – Customer Success
Percona is a leader in providing best-of-breed enterprise-class support, consulting, managed services, training and software for MySQL®, MariaDB®, MongoDB®, PostgreSQL® and other open source databases in on-premises and cloud environments. Our services and software accommodate rapid growth and application development, help companies develop and deploy agile solutions and improve your ability to keep up with customer needs.
The Manager of Customer Success is responsible for providing leadership, strategic direction, and management for the Customer Success Team, which is responsible for over 70% of global recurring revenues for Percona. This is a multifaceted role - overseeing the daily operations of the Customer Success Manager team, coaching Customer Success Managers in managing their renewals pipelines, negotiating contracts, handling escalations, making creative use of resources, and leveraging data-driven decision making.
With team members geographically spread across the world as a remote workforce, the ability to effectively inspire, manage and communicate with a team of independent, self-driven, experienced professionals is essential. The ability to coach a team of account managers through the creative stages of contract negotiation and escalation management is essential. In addition, the Manager of Customer Success will need to work proactively on behalf of the team to streamline operations and remove barriers that could impede the customer experience or the sales process. As in any sales focused management role, organizational agility should be balanced with the need to constantly increase accountability and visibility through standardized operational process.
As Manager of Customer Success, this role includes managing and reporting on business-related focus items such as financial and operational metrics including Renewal Rate, Bookings, Churn, Net Promoter Scores, as well as Customer Lifecycle and Customer Marketing metrics.
Percona’s Customer Success Team is responsible for managing the complete customer lifecycle including onboarding, adoption, renewals, and expansion. As a member of this team, you will be a trusted advisor for our customers, helping them access Percona resources and leverage service contracts to achieve specific business outcomes. CSMs work closely with the sales team to manage renewals and expansions in strategic accounts, while owning many customer relationships exclusively. Additionally, you will work with our executive team to help refine and improve customer success processes and playbooks, and coordinate cross-functionally with product management to bridge the gap between product and customers.
What you will be doing...
- Manage a team of 7 remote Customer Success professionals, globally, including hiring, training, coaching, and providing ongoing professional development
- Work to remove obstacles and barriers to team success by streamlining operational processes and managing escalations
- Set and monitor progress against team and individual goals
- Work with the CS Director to implement organizational and procedural change and measure impact over time
- Oversee the complete customer lifecycle including: onboarding, integration, account growth, new product adoption, and renewals, providing transparency and accountability for the Customer Account Team
- Develop a “consultant” perspective to client communications, questions, and meetings
- Lead and present at remote client meetings
- Analyze customer engagement to form accurate forecasts, and to have complete visibility into renewal pipeline; identify, clearly communicate, and manage risk throughout the year though proactive touch points and take the lead in developing resolution strategies
- Work closely with the executive team to translate customer feedback into specific product requirements
Your Experience, Skills and Abilities...
- People management experience required, preferably of a remote workforce
- Account management experience required, preferably at a subscription-based or open source software company
- Strong understanding of customer success techniques and strategies
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Experience navigating complex work processes, tight timelines, and changing teams
- Extremely detail oriented, self-motivated and organized
- Knowledge of Salesforce or related CRM tools
- Comfortable working from home or co-working office
- Positive attitude
- Willingness to spend time learning and innovating
- Constant desire to improve
- Problem solver and independent thinker
Location/time zone: Remote work working USA time zone hours.
Remote work from home openings require consistent and strong internet access.
HQ is in Durham, NC USA. Staff members should be available if there is a need for any onsite trainings and/or events at any time.
Note that your legal agreement will be with Percona Staffing LLC, a USA corporation and a subsidiary of Percona LLC.