Service Delivery Manager
GLOBAL SERVICES – Managed Services /
Percona is a respected thought leader in the open source community. We provide services and software for MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL and Maria DB to open source users globally.
Percona is remote-first and globally dispersed; we have 250 people in almost 40 countries. We offer a collaborative, highly-engaged culture where your ideas are welcome and your voice is heard. The growth and development of our staff is a top priority; we provide funding for training, certifications, conferences and more.
Discover what it means to work with some of the smartest people in the industry, who also know how to have fun and are always willing to lend a helping hand. We offer flexible hours, the ability to work remotely and the amazing experience of working with a multinational team of experts.
The Service Delivery Manager (SDM) provides a personalized Percona interface to nominated customers, and takes responsibility for delivery of services to those nominated customers. These services include complex managed services and consulting engagements. The SDM has expert ability in ensuring a coordinated delivery of such services - from onboarding through to day-to-day operational delivery.
The SDM is equally responsible for client satisfaction by ensuring that services are delivered according to agreed Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) and other contractual obligations that are deemed necessary and are previously agreed. These obligations may reflect operational, commercial and/or legal obligations. As a dynamic and thriving company, this position is unique in that it offers a challenging yet rewarding environment. You will be expected to wear “many hats” including the ability to positively impact the product strategy and direction from a supportability and functionality perspective.
As an SDM, you will work directly with our clients on a daily basis, helping them overcome a wide array of challenges and being their main advocate within Percona. You will provide your expertise and oversight to limited number of clients, helping them design and build scalable and robust backend infrastructure that will support their needs.
As part of your role, you will continually strive to find better solutions to problems while keeping your focus on the client's success.
You will also be building strong relationships internally with other technical teams that will be servicing our clients as part of our Percona Care offerings. Percona is made up of several tight, customer-focused groups, so making a customer happy is a team effort and you will work together closely with all internal teams to make this happen.
What You Will Do
- Develop and maintain customer relationships with primary customer contacts
- In coordination with the Managed Services team, ensure successful onboarding of new Managed Services clients to the Percona Managed Services products
- In coordination with the Customer Success Manager, ensure benefits and terms of Managed Services agreement are highlighted and understood, including regular contracted DBA hours if applicable
- Coordinate overall system health report (tickets, uptime, etc) to ensure updates are communicated back to customers on a regular cadence
- Coordinate the requirements and delivery of project work and change requests
- Coordinate fulfillment of the deliverables for a customer ensuring the managed services teams are held accountable
- Escalation point for technical or customer satisfaction issues
- Delivery of regular status reports to Customer as well as internal management
- Identify sales opportunities and provide feedback to Sales team
- Improve product feature offerings by providing feedback from partners and customers to internal teams including but not limited to Product Management and Engineering as a part of ongoing customer advocacy
- The ideal candidate will have experience or knowledge of all aspects of a modern application development organization and be familiar with Open Source, its core values, it’s community, and its mindset
- Consideration will also be given to candidates with strong experience in project management, customer management, or service delivery management disciplines without the above technical skills
What Will Make You Stand Out
- Ability to work well with people and communicate effectively both internally and with customers
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Positive, helpful and supportive
- Good at problem solving and a logical thinker. Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes complex information quickly
- Self starter: Able to work independently with minimal direction
- Strong work ethic and entrepreneurial approach
- Accepts feedback from others
- Communicates clearly and professionally to convey confidence even when under pressure
- Flexibility and availability for escalation purposes for assigned customers
- Experience and/or familiarity with Project Management and its concepts and best practices