Privacy and Data Governance Specialist
ADMINISTRATION – Legal /
Percona is a respected thought leader in the open-source community. We provide services and software for MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, and MariaDB to open source users globally.
Percona is remote-first and globally dispersed; we have 250 people in almost 40 countries. We offer a collaborative, highly-engaged culture where your ideas are welcome and your voice is heard. The growth and development of our staff is a top priority; we provide funding for training, certifications, conferences, and more.
Discover what it means to work with some of the smartest people in the industry, who also know how to have fun and are always willing to lend a helping hand. We offer flexible hours, the ability to work remotely, and the amazing experience of working with a multinational team of experts.
About The Role
The Privacy Specialist is responsible for ensuring that Percona’s products, service offerings, and internal processes align with regulatory and customer privacy and data protection requirements. In this unique role, you will have an opportunity to take Percona’s privacy program to the next level! You will be primarily responsible for collaborating with internal stakeholders and external auditors to ensure that Percona’s use of data aligns with global regulations, industry standards, and customer requirements. You will work closely with the Marketing, Sales, and IT teams to ensure that data use and security controls align with the GDPR, CCPA, HIPAA, and similar privacy laws. This position will be required to regularly collaborate across various business units to develop policies, procedures, and training related to regulatory compliance.
What You Will Do
- Stay up to date with global information security and data privacy regulatory requirements that affect the company’s products, services, and operations
- Participate in the evaluation, development, and maintenance of data privacy and compliance policies and procedures
- Create and maintain data maps and data flow documentation
- Manage the company’s compliance portal, including responding to data access requests, documenting incident reports, and maintaining a current overview of security controls
- Assist with privacy and security risk assessments and industry audits (ISO, SOC 2, HIPAA)
- Provide training to staff members on data privacy best practices and regulatory compliance
- Knowledge of information security standards and privacy laws, including ISO 27001, SOC 2, and the GDPR
- Experience working with CRM and marketing tools, including Salesforce and Hubspot
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with others at all levels of the organization
- The ability to work independently and manage complex projects
What Will Make You Stand Out
- CIPP, CIPM, CISSP, CISA or similar certification
- Working knowledge of US-based data and privacy laws, including HIPAA, GLBA, and the CCPA
- Knowledge of additional security control frameworks, including PCI-DSS and FEDRAMP standards
- Knowledge of the open-source software market and experience working with a company that provide professional technical services and software
- Experience and desire to be a part of an open culture
- Experience in working with a geographically distributed remote team
This position can be based anywhere but will be expected to be available during certain business hours in the United States (available until at least 1 pm ET) to ensure adequate time for collaboration. This person in this role will be expected to obtain a privacy certification within the first 12 months after being hired. This is a work from home position, but travel may be required 2-3 times per year. Please note that your legal agreement will be with Percona Staffing LLC, a USA corporation and a subsidiary of Percona LLC.