Visual Art Director - remote
Any location, USA
MARKETING – Marketing
The Visual Art Director establishes the conceptual and stylistic execution for projects and campaigns specific to website, web support, online marketing and all other visual products. The Visual Art Director will be the primary owner and design leader for the website, and all programs and product marketing that is supported by the website. They will work in conjunction with Designers and Web Developers to design solutions, including, but not limited to, digital including, web, interactive, video, social, and mobile.
The Visual Art Director reports to the Director of Content and Creative Services and collaborates with the entire creative and marketing teams on overall cross-media solutions. The ideal Visual Art Director requires strong visual and conceptual problem-solving skills that can be used to generate exceptional ideas that integrate user experience best practices and business goals.
The ideal Visual Art Director will bring a mix of artistic, marketing, and business expertise to the position, promoting our company and that of our community and clients. We are looking for someone who can inspire and be inspired by others to take our creative efforts to the next level. The ideal candidate will have a natural eye for design and a passion for delivering dynamic ideas that connect with any audience.
What You Will Do
- Own design responsibilities for the corporate website as well as new projects under the direction of the Director
- Create and lead the design implementation of projects incorporating copy, innovative visual design and brand assets, while being mindful of usability and web best practices
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to continuously improve the brand and user experience
- Work with other designers and project contributors to ensure the consistency and quality of the site
- Direct art projects to refine, develop and enforce interface design, branding and UA guidelines
- Work collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams to create professional and engaging visual designs for website interface and online communications
- Work with the design team to identify and implement process improvements that make the design group more efficient and effective
- Creating and directing user interface design, architecture and functionality according to usability best practices, standards compliant design, and cross browser compatibility, with understanding of analytics for web
- Responsible for seeing the idea through the creative process to final sign off
- Manage own projects, working within scheduling requirements Present concepts to clients for approval Establish art department standards for production, productivity, quality, and client service
- Ensure team adheres to current processes, identifying opportunities for continuous improvement, and proposing and creating processes and tools to support design operations
Your Experience, Skills and Abilities
- 8+ years of experience in web design and a solid understanding of the relationship between content, visual design, user interface and technology
- 5 years of experience in consumer software, IT, open source, or similar industries
- Exceptional capability with typography, layout, and prototyping
- Excellent visual design skills and outstanding design portfolio of interactive projects required
- Strong creative vision with an understanding of business objectives
- Exceptional understanding of HTML, capabilities of browsers and other user-centered design constraints within the web environment
- Must have strong organizational skills and be able to work effectively under deadlines while managing concurrent projects
- High level of proficiency with design software, such as Adobe Creative Suite
- Prior experience as a senior designer or art director Web development experienceHave a solid knowledge of photography and video production
- Bachelor’s degree in fine art, graphic design, or similar discipline preferred
- Prior experience as a senior designer or art director
- Web development experience
- solid knowledge of photography and video production
- Bachelor’s degree in fine art, graphic design, or similar discipline
This position will be required to work hours that fall within the US time zones.
Remote work from home openings require consistent and strong internet access.
HQ is in Durham, NC USA. Staff members should be available if there is a need for any onsite trainings and/or events at any time.
Note that your legal agreement will be with Percona Staffing LLC, a USA corporation and a subsidiary of Percona LLC.