R&D – Product Management /
Are you passionate about delighting customers in the open source database space? Does the opportunity to impact how Percona products look long-term excite you?
The Product Manager is responsible for the inbound and outbound product management efforts. Working closely with engineering teams, the goal is to further product adoption and growth. You will collaborate with customers, partners, other product managers and tech leads at Percona, translating the product vision into user stories and use-cases that engineering can feasibly implement. You will balance time and scope to ensure that we are delivering value to the user.
What You Will Do
- Establish the product strategy as it complements corporate and product vision and translate into easy to consume roadmaps to bring a product to life
- Identify product and market opportunities through customer, community, and stakeholder interactions, e.g., conducting surveys or contacting existing customers directly to understand exactly what they are looking for
- Collaborate with other Product Managers to ensure alignment of our tactical plans with the strategic vision, providing complimentary product support in a timely manner
- Own relationship with technology partners: work with development partners on feature requirements, drive ad-hoc features for specific customer cases and be responsible for product capabilities and functionality
- Build and own relationship to Architecture and Engineering: Work with the development team(s) to come up with time estimates for work to be done, dependencies, and difficulty of work
- Coordinate product releases with global services, marketing, and sales
- Explore new ways of improving our existing services and products
- Provide product training and technical expertise
What You Have Done
- Product management or software development management experience with enterprise IT software , including experience shipping products
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of customers’ business challenges and needs and how those translate to products that delight the customer
- Proven technical background in software development or operations
- Experience in working with inter-departmental stakeholders to successfully develop and deliver software products and solutions
- Ability to lead without requiring authority to be given first, breaking down barriers between product areas and functions
- Excellent work ethic, self-motivated and self-managed, strong organizational skills & ability to meet deadlines
- Language skills: English fluently, additional languages appreciated
- Exceptional communication skills including verbal, written, and presentation skills, including public speaking skills
- Willing to travel occasionally on business (as travel conditions permit)
What Will Make You Stand Out
- Experience with open source technologies, databases and/or monitoring and observability
- Experience working with Open Source Communities as an active member who is involved with various open source projects
Percona is a respected thought leader in the open source community. We provide services and software for MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL and MariaDB to open source users globally.
Percona is remote-first and globally dispersed; we have colleagues in more than 40 countries. We offer a collaborative, highly-engaged culture where your ideas are welcome and your voice is heard. The growth and development of our staff is a top priority; we provide funding for training, certifications, conferences and more.
Discover what it means to work with some of the smartest people in the industry, who also know how to have fun and are always willing to lend a helping hand. We offer flexible hours, the ability to work remotely and the amazing experience of working with a multinational team of experts.