Product Owner - MySQL (remote)
ENGINEERING – Server-Eng-1
Percona is a leader in providing best-of-breed enterprise-class support, consulting, managed services, training and software for MySQL®, MariaDB®, MongoDB®, PostgreSQL® and other open source databases in on-premises and cloud environments. Our services and software accommodate rapid growth and application development, help companies develop and deploy agile solutions and improve your ability to keep up with customer needs.
Percona open source database expertise helps businesses avoid downtime and outages, meet customer experience expectations, foster operational and developer collaboration and manage enterprise risks through sound database architecture frameworks.
Discover what it means to work with some of the smartest people in the industry, and help solve some of the most challenging customer problems. We offer flexible hours, competitive salaries, the ability to work remote and the amazing experience of working with a multinational team of experts.
The Product Owner for MySQL is responsible for the inbound/technical product management efforts involving one or more of Percona’s products. Working closely with engineering teams, the goal is to further product adoption and growth. The Product Owner is responsible for working with Outbound Product Managers and translating the product vision into user stories and use-cases that engineering can feasibly implement.
Work Location: Remote office, candidates in Eastern Europe and US preferred
What You Will Do
- Creates/maintains EPICs/stories and/or Requirement Document (depending on process in the team)
- Owns product release planning/delivery
- Identifies Technical Trends
- Owns Relationship with Existing Customers and Partners
- Cares primarily for existing Customers
- Works with development partners on feature requirements
- Drives ad-hoc features for specific customer cases (“NREs” for example)
- Responsibility for product capabilities and functionality
- Build Relationship with Outbound Product Management to ensure alignment of our tactical plans with the strategic vision
- Partners with Engineering to work on new product releases / prioritization, plan and drive public betas and monitor critical bugs
- Helps engineering with creation of Schedule, Project- Maintenance-, Support-, and Test-Plans
- Owner of PM relationship with engineering and project managers
- Percona Server for MySQL
- Percona XtraBackup
- Percona XtraDB Cluster (PXC)
- 5+ years of inbound/technical product management experience with enterprise IT software (experience with open source and databases a plus)
- Strong understanding of customers’ business challenges and needs
- Self-motivated and self-managed
- Team player - ability to work both within the product team and across other teams
- Excellent work ethic, strong organizational skills & ability to meet deadlines
- Willing to travel occasionally on business throughout the EMEA and the US
- Language skills: English fluently, additional languages appreciated
- Very good verbal, written, and presentation skills, including public speaking skills
- Experience in working with inter-departmental stakeholders to successfully develop and deliver software products and solutions
- Ability to lead without authority breaking down barriers between product areas and functions
Remote work from home openings require consistent and strong internet access.
HQ is in Durham, NC USA. Staff members should be available if there is a need for any onsite trainings and/or events at any time.
Note that your legal agreement will be with Percona Staffing LLC, a USA corporation and a subsidiary of Percona LLC.