IT Platform Engineer
ADMINISTRATION – Business Services
Percona is a leader in providing best-of-breed enterprise-class support, consulting, managed services, training and software for MySQL®, MariaDB®, MongoDB®, PostgreSQL® and other open source databases in on-premises and cloud environments. Our services and software accommodate rapid growth and application development, help companies develop and deploy agile solutions and improve your ability to keep up with customer needs.
Percona open source database expertise helps businesses avoid downtime and outages, meet customer experience expectations, foster operational and developer collaboration and manage enterprise risks through sound database architecture frameworks.
Discover what it means to work with some of the smartest people in the industry, and help solve some of the most challenging customer problems. We offer flexible hours, competitive salaries, the ability to work remote and the amazing experience of working with a multinational team of experts.
The mission of the IT Platform Engineer is to learn, understand and administer various core IT platforms and how they interact, with special focus on ServiceNow. This engineer develops technical expertise on these tools to fulfill business process and reporting requirements. They use open source development technologies as needed to integrate systems together in cohesive and automated ways.
This position will report to Percona's Director of IT. The position is remote work from home, with working hours that are flexible as long as they can overlap US/Eastern for a reasonable portion of the day.
The listed outcomes are in priority order. We do not expect one candidate to be a perfect match for all of these.
Key Outcome: Perform Ongoing ServiceNow Platform Development
- Ability to apply Business processes and requirements into the ServiceNow Platform.
- Understanding out of the box functionality on the platform and when to customize vs configure.
- Developing within the constraints of Applying of our licensing.
- Developing within established Architectural standards and working with the IT Director to establish new standards.
Key Outcome: Build ServiceNow Platform Administration Practice
- Document and train IT Helpdesk staff on handling standard requests.
- Apply ServiceNow upgrade cycles and testing for regressions in existing functionality.
- Develop and Manage ITIL process for ServiceNow platform.
- Ensure proper security practices are maintained and coordinated with Security operations team.
Key Outcome: Become Platform Liaison to Global Services Team
- Establish working relationships with Business and Process owners internal to Percona for Platform.
- Provide all levels of support on the Platform as needed.
- Establish clear roles for IT and internal users. Provide training to help internal users work more independently.
Key Outcome: Develop and Manage Platform Operational and KPI reporting and metrics
- Work with individual teams and owners on necessarily operational data and reports are needed to conduct day-to-day business.
- Understand existing KPI structure and build KPIs into Platform.
- Develop methodology and processes for establishing new metrics from Ad-hoc to Operational to KPI. Ensure KPI level metrics are rock solid and based on well vetted data and processes.
- ServiceNow Administration (ITSM, CSM, Service Portal modules).
- Strong English Communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Remote and self-directed work.
- Detail and Technically oriented.
- Ability to shift from details to business level conversations.
- Ability to consistently overlap US/Eastern work hours.
- ITIL Practices experience.
- Familiarity with our existing stack: (Zendesk, Pagerduty, Slack, Salesforce, Jira, Confluence, FreeIPA).
- Chat Ops.
- Open Source development: Node.js, Python, Elasticsearch, Opensource DBMS.
- Open source systems: Linux, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS.
Location: Remote / work from home opening within any global location.
Remote work from home openings require consistent and strong internet access.
HQ is in Durham, NC USA. Staff members should be available if there is a need for any onsite trainings and/or events at any time.
Note that your legal agreement will be with Percona Staffing LLC, a USA corporation and a subsidiary of Percona LLC.