Technical Account Manager [AMERs Time Zones]
GLOBAL SERVICES – Support
Percona is a leader in providing best-of-breed enterprise-class support, consulting, managed services, training and software for MySQL®, MariaDB®, MongoDB®, PostgreSQL® and other open source databases in on-premises and cloud environments. Our services and software accommodate rapid growth and application development, help companies develop and deploy agile solutions and improve your ability to keep up with customer needs.
Percona open source database expertise helps businesses avoid downtime and outages, meet customer experience expectations, foster operational and developer collaboration and manage enterprise risks through sound database architecture frameworks.
Discover what it means to work with some of the smartest people in the industry, and help solve some of the most challenging customer problems. We offer flexible hours, competitive salaries, the ability to work remote and the amazing experience of working with a multinational team of experts.
The Technical Account Manager (TAM) provides a single, dedicated point of contact for nominated Percona Customers, and ensures that these customers see the added value of continued premium Support and TAM Services. The TAM coordinates updates and ensures agreed escalations on tickets are adhered to, as well as performing technical support directly as necessary. The TAM works alongside the Consulting & Project team to coordinate projects with the Consulting Operations team and ensure customer, partner & Percona contacts are managed accordingly. The TAM also acts as the customer advocate within Percona, ensuring that the relevant teams and individuals internally are engaged and in support of TAM activities specific to the customer. As the customers technical advocate, experience with open source databases such as MySQL, MongoDB and PostgreSQL is essential to success in this role.
A fundamental part of this role is ensuring that Percona Technical Delivery teams are aware of the technical and non-technical nuances within their nominated customers, both by maintaining customer specific documentation and being available for inquiries as needed. Alongside this, the TAM collaborates with the Customer Success team to ensure a holistic account management plan is in place. The TAM may also act as Escalation Manager for non-assigned accounts in an ad-hoc manner if/when that level of expertise is required.
As a dynamic and thriving company, this position is unique in that it offers a challenging yet rewarding environment. You will be expected to wear “many hats” including the ability to positively impact the product strategy and direction from a supportability and functionality perspective.
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain customer relationships with primary customer contacts.
- In coordination with the Customer Success Manager, ensure benefits and terms of Support agreement are highlighted and understood.
- Coordinate overall status on support tickets to ensure updates are communicated back to the customer on a regular cadence.
- Take ownership of support tickets and retain ownership through to successful resolution.
- Coordinate with Consulting Operations team on new projects for top customers, ensure correct resources are assigned and timelines are adhered to.
- Provide escalation point for customer for support and consulting projectsIdentify sales opportunities and provide feedback to Sales team.
- Provide technical resource for high level design for future growth opportunities.
- Perform implementation reviews, evangelize new product features, and ensure prompt and proper resolution of technical challenges.
- Guarantee the technical aspects of the customer implementation by providing necessary documentation and technical guidance.
- Ensure customer specific technical documentation is created and maintained for use by the Percona Technical Delivery teams - for example ensuring that customer specific architectural design and infrastructure details are understood.
- Improve product feature offerings by providing feedback from partners and customers to internal teams including but not limited to Product Management and Engineering as a part of ongoing customer advocacy.
- Ability to work well with people and communicate effectively both internally and with customers.
- Positive, helpful and supportiveGood at problem solving and a logical thinker.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes complex information quickly.
- Able to work independently with minimal direction.
- Strong work ethic and entrepreneurial approach.
- Accepts feedback from others.
- Communicates clearly and professionally to convey confidence even when under pressure.
- Availability for out of hours escalations for high severity issues.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- 3 or more years experience with MySQL and related technologies, or
- 3 or more years experience with MongoDB and related technologies
- Demonstrated ability to work well with people and communicate effectively both internally and with customers
- Ability to take ownership of a support incident, and own through to resolution
- Ability to understand how applications and services interact with the database in different architectures
- Exposure to DBaaS products and ability to articulate the service offerings - specifically within AWS, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud
- Ability to work remotely
Other Required Qualifications
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with Management at Customers/Partners in an escalation ownership and management capacity
- Technical reference/literature publications
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes complex information quickly
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn complex software
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Strong work ethic and entrepreneurial approach
- Demonstrated ability to accept feedback from others
- Communicates clearly and professionally to convey confidence even when under pressure
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Ability to pass required background check
Location: Remote work from home (Americas timezone).
Remote work from home openings require consistent and strong internet access.
HQ is in Durham, NC USA. Staff members should be available if there is a need for any onsite trainings and/or events at any time.
Note that your legal agreement will be with Percona Staffing LLC, a USA corporation and a subsidiary of Percona LLC.