PostgreSQL Consultant (North AMER based)
GLOBAL SERVICES – Consulting
Percona is a leader in providing best-of-breed enterprise-class support, consulting, managed services, training and software for MySQL®, MariaDB®, MongoDB®, PostgreSQL® and other open source databases in on-premises and cloud environments. Our services and software accommodate rapid growth and application development, help companies develop and deploy agile solutions and improve your ability to keep up with customer needs.
Percona open source database expertise helps businesses avoid downtime and outages, meet customer experience expectations, foster operational and developer collaboration and manage enterprise risks through sound database architecture frameworks.
Discover what it means to work with some of the smartest people in the industry, and help solve some of the most challenging customer problems. We offer flexible hours, competitive salaries, the ability to work remote and the amazing experience of working with a multinational team of experts.
This position reports to a Managing Consultant. You will work remotely from home with some customer onsite work. We are looking for a PostgreSQL Consultant that has a strong understanding of PostgresSQL architecture and internals.
Core Job Duties
- PostgreSQL, MySQL and Linux systems consulting
- Professional Development - Skills, knowledge and processes
- Marketing activities - blogging, conference attendance, etc
- Administrative Work
Technical Specific Requirements
- 5+ Years PostgreSQL Administration
- Detailed understanding of the PostgreSQL architecture and internal.
- Understanding and working knowledge of various extensions in PostgreSQL
- 3+ Years MySQL Administration
- Understanding of replication and high availability tools and methods. Including knowledge on High Availability and Connection Pooling & Load Balancing PostgreSQL workloads
- Query tuning
- PostgreSQL Parameter Tuning
- Must have a detailed understanding on tuning Memory parameters in PostgreSQL
- PostgreSQL Performance Analysis
- Problem solver skills
- Basic understanding of Innodb
- Knowledge on plpgsql advantageous
- Strong shell skills
- Strong ability to troubleshoot in a linux environment
- Must have team player attitude
- Willingness to travel when needed
- Able to take direction and work through defined processes
- Do what is best for the company
- Willingness to work odd-hours/weekend
- Participates on the on-call list
- Positive attitude
- Willingness to spend their time learning and innovating
- Constant desire to improve themselves
- Problem solver who can think for themselves
- Attention to detail
Location: Remote work from home position that can be located anywhere within North America with ability to travel to USA clients when needed.
Percona HQ is located in the Raleigh-Durham Area of NC, USA but this specific location isn't required for this opening. We are open to North America candidates.
Remote work from home openings require consistent and strong internet access.
HQ is in Raleigh, NC. Staff members should be available if there is a need for any onsite trainings and/or events at any time.
Note that your legal agreement will be with Percona Staffing LLC, a USA corporation and a subsidiary of Percona LLC.