DevOps/QA Engineer - Kubernetes (remote)
Remote, Eastern Europe
ENGINEERING – Eng-Cloud
Percona is a leader in providing best-of-breed enterprise-class support, consulting, managed services, training and software for MySQL®, MariaDB®, MongoDB®, PostgreSQL® and other open source databases in on-premises and cloud environments. Our services and software accommodate rapid growth and application development, help companies develop and deploy agile solutions and improve your ability to keep up with customer needs.
Discover what it means to work with some of the smartest people in the industry, and help solve some of the most challenging customer problems. We offer flexible hours, competitive salaries, the ability to work remote and the amazing experience of working with a multinational team of experts.
We’re looking for a remote full-time engineer with strategic thinking to join our team and help to bring open source databases to Kubernetes. We would love to find an engineer who knows deep distributed databases and Kubernetes, and who also has the right DevOps mindset and experience with CI/CD pipelines.
The work is challenging, but that’s why it’s also fun and rewarding! Plus, our team is small, so you and your work will have a significant impact on the Kubernetes ecosystem. This is a rare opportunity to work from home in a great team, on a 100% open source project!
You should find these keywords familiar and very appealing: Kubernetes, infrastructure orchestration, MongoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL, database clustering, database high-availability strategies, containers, Jenkins pipelines, CI/CD, bash.
What You Will Do
- Build quality into the product in the first place for the Kubernetes Operators for relational and NoSQL databases with focus on preventing wrong design in early stages and on automatic testing in CI/CD on late stage
- Lead the DevOps and release management lifecycle which includes coordinating, testing and the management of releases
- Collaborate with engineers and teams across the company to helping in the deployment and debugging of Kubernetes Operators to facilitate rapid integration and massive growth
- Participating in technical articles writing, blogging, conference speaking engagements
- Excellent understanding of how to build distributed clusters for (at least one) MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB
- Proficient with Kubernetes
- Strong experience building CI/CD pipelines
- Team player first
- Proven communication skills: blog posts, speaking at conferences, leading community, etc
- Success working in a distributed environment where e-mail, instant messaging and voice calls are the only interactions with others on a daily basis
- ability to communicate effectively in English (speaking and writing)
Remote work from home openings require consistent and strong internet access.
HQ is in Durham, NC USA. Staff members should be available if there is a need for any onsite trainings and/or events at any time.
Note that your legal agreement will be with Percona Staffing LLC, a USA corporation and a subsidiary of Percona LLC.