Technical Curriculum Developer
GLOBAL SERVICES – Professional Services /
Are you a trailblazer who loves to take ownership of a global program and build it from the foundation up? Do you enjoy being instrumental in helping a high-performing organization make the shift to a new strategic direction?
We are looking for a Technical Curriculum Developer who can quickly master highly advanced technical subjects, design learning objectives, and develop technical learning materials that are concise, accurate and task-based. This remote role focuses on instructional design, and curriculum and certification program development. You will have the opportunity to learn new technologies as you develop technical instructor-led courses with hands-on labs (ILT), e-Learning courses, and self-paced labs for both staff and subscribers. This is not a training delivery role as it does not involve regular classroom delivery of training.
Flexibility, adaptability and a sense of humor are also highly valued here. If you have the required background, we'd love to hear from you.
What You Will Do
- Scope, design and develop self-paced technical learning content, curriculum, and certification programs for staff and subscribers across geographies
- Develop hands-on labs and create/maintain training lab server environments
- Collaborate with subject matter experts and managers to determine learning objectives, performance outcomes, and evaluative strategies, and turn those requirements into a roadmap with clearly scoped courses that have well defined learning paths
- Ensure learning and performance objectives are appropriate to the audience and that educational materials meet learning and performance objectives
- Leverage rapid, agile development techniques and project management tools to manage multiple, concurrent content development projects for a dynamic environment
- Develop partnerships with internal teams, especially our product, marketing, service delivery, sales, and customer success teams
- You’ve developed technical courseware for multiple types of learners across geographies, leveraging your understanding of instructional design techniques and adult learning theory
- You’ve transformed dry technical topics into engaging, informative and interesting learning content
- You’ve driven your own exploration and education on new technologies and programming languages
- You’ve developed a strong, diverse technical background, and grow adept at quickly learning complex technical concepts and distilling them into simple and digestible terms
- You’ve successfully partnered with cross-functional teams, stakeholders and SMEs to design learning objectives and develop learning content
- You have a proven record of working successfully as part of a remote, globally-distributed team
- Excellent grasp of the English language, both written and verbal
- Technical Bachelor’s degree (e.g. Computer Science) or equivalent technical work experience required
- 2+ years of hands-on experience developing end-customer focused technical courseware, and building and maintaining lab environments
- 3+ years of domain expertise in one or more of the following areas: software development, systems architecture or administration, DevOps, Big Data, or cloud technology
- Proficiency in using course authoring tools, and screencasting and video/audio production software e.g. Camtasia, Adobe Premiere, Adobe Captivate, or similar tools
- Ability to simplify extremely technical concepts and explain them clearly and concisely
- Ability to create compelling courseware, including written materials, assessments, and hands-on exercises
- Ability to manage time effectively, complete tasks on a deadline, and to communicate effectively as timelines evolve
What Will Make You Stand Out
- Experience with relevant open source industry technologies e.g. Linux OS and command line, MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, container technologies e.g Docker & Kubernetes, and Git
- Experience with networking, security, system performance tuning, or modern infrastructure such as IaaS cloud services, containers and orchestrated environments
- Industry certifications in instructional design, curriculum development, performance improvement, project management, and content-specific certifications as appropriate
- Experience as a technical instructor or technical writer
- Experience with presenting/delivering training on camera for self-paced eLearning
- Experience designing, implementing and managing internal certification programs
- Experience developing courses for SaaS products
- Experience administering learning management systems (LMS)
Percona is a respected thought leader in the open source community. We provide services and software for MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL and MariaDB to open source users globally.
Percona is remote-first and globally dispersed; we have 250 people in 40 countries. We offer a collaborative, highly-engaged culture where your ideas are welcome and your voice is heard. The growth and development of our staff is a top priority; we provide funding for training, certifications, conferences and more.
Discover what it means to work with some of the smartest people in the industry, who also know how to have fun and are always willing to lend a helping hand. We offer flexible hours, the ability to work remotely and the amazing experience of working with a multinational team of experts.
This is a remote role. Access to a strong internet connection is required.