Digital Marketing Manager
MARKETING – Marketing
Percona is a leader in providing best-of-breed enterprise-class support, consulting, managed services, training and software for MySQL®, MariaDB®, MongoDB®, PostgreSQL® and other open source databases in on-premises and cloud environments.
Discover what it means to work with some of the smartest people in the industry, and help solve some of the most challenging customer problems. We offer flexible hours, the ability to work remotely and the amazing experience of working with a multinational team of experts.
Percona is looking for a digital marketing manager who will be focused on building and managing technically focused programs with the goal of growing the user base of Percona’s open source software and services. This person will be responsible for helping expand our user base by generating leads, increasing engagement and social followers, as well as encouraging users to download and use our products.
The ideal candidate will be able to build compelling marketing campaigns that evangelize the awesome capabilities of our open source software. The ideal person for this role will have a growth hacker mentality, with experience building asymmetrical campaigns across various mediums, and is able to evaluate success/failure with data analysis and experimentation.
What You Will Do
- Develop and execute marketing programs to drive growth and encourage engagement, with special attention given to our more technical audience
- With a growth hacker mentality, establish marketing funnel-based programs that use initial software adoption to drives retention, referral and ultimately revenue growth for our paid services
- With a focus on gaining grassroots adoption, adapt our existing marketing portfolio to expand their appeal and usage to a broader audience
- Collaborate with content, social, web and lead gen teams to plan and execute innovative ways to get more users to download our software, read our blogs, and engage with us on social or at events
- Manage our paid search campaigns targeting for our open source software solutions
- Help drive traffic, encourage engagement and make it easier for people to find our technology solutions through organic search with the use of SEO techniques, keyword optimization, and cross-linking strategies targeting our technical audience
- 3+ years experience in digital marketing
- 2+ years building and managing multiple complex campaigns at once
- 2+ years of marketing experience at a software company
- 1+ year developing campaign/program strategies from the ground up
- Ability to demonstrate a metrics-driven approach to development and management of marketing activities, with experience extracting data from Google Analytics
- Demonstrated experience working and deploying programs in the Google Ad network
- Experience with SEO techniques and best practices, with practical experience implementing them into marketing campaigns and programs
- Previous experience in open source would be a big bonus
- Ability to work remotely full-time
- Flexibility work in different time zones as required
Remote work from home openings require consistent and strong internet access.
HQ is in Durham, NC USA. Staff members should be available if there is a need for any onsite trainings and/or events at any time.
Note that your legal agreement will be with Percona Staffing LLC, a USA corporation and a subsidiary of Percona LLC.