Build and Release Engineer
Remote, EMEA /
ENGINEERING – Eng-Platform /
Percona is a respected thought leader in the open source community. We provide services and software for MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL and Maria DB to open source users globally.
Percona is remote-first and globally dispersed; we have 250 people in almost 40 countries. We offer a collaborative, highly-engaged culture where your ideas are welcome and your voice is heard. The growth and development of our staff is a top priority; we provide funding for training, certifications, conferences and more.
Discover what it means to work with some of the smartest people in the industry, who also know how to have fun and are always willing to lend a helping hand. We offer flexible hours, the ability to work remotely and the amazing experience of working with a multinational team of experts.
We are looking for a highly qualified and self-motivated Build/Release Engineer to join our team and help continue building Percona Monitoring and Management (PMM). PMM is a free and open-source platform for monitoring and managing the performance of SQL/NoSQL based databases and servers or cloud instances. This isn’t for anyone that just wants to maintain the status quo, we want you to ensure we’re following best practices but also working efficiently across our entire engineering department. We’re also in the midst of developing a SaaS component to our offering and will need someone capable of getting the build/release process off the ground as we strive to achieve CI/CD. This is a fulltime remote job.
What You Will Do
- Work in a highly professional team distributed all over the world
- Help continue building Percona Monitoring and Management (PMM)
- Enhance, manage and maintain our branch/build/release process for multiple products across multiple platforms.
- Create and maintain packaging for Red Hat (rpm) and Debian (deb) based systems as well as Docker containers, OVF and AMI images
- Build, support and maintain the build/release part of the project
- CI/CD process creation/enhancement for hands-free deployments
- Ability to create and maintain packaging for Red Hat (rpm) and Debian (deb) based systems as well as Docker containers, OVF and AMI images
- CI/CD process creation/enhancement for hands free deployments
- Develop and automate tests for products and package verification
- Monitor, log, analyze, and fix packaging related bugs
- Further automate the current build processes/tasks and packaging testing setup
- Resolve issues with internal repositories & implement new repositories as needed
- Integrate new products and 3rd party softwares into Percona packages as needed
- Design & implement solutions for package interdependencies
- Previous exposure to a large-scale build/release environment, or equivalent experience in, for example, a development, devops or DBA role. Preferably with extensive database-related exposure
- Previous experience with make, cmake, cpack, yum & apt repositories
- Proficiency in automating tasks, including shell scripting skills
- Automation for builds using Jenkins , TravisCI or related products
- Experience with GitHub integration
- Proficiency with Docker and containerization
- Good communicator & fluent in written and spoken English
What Will Make You Stand Out
- Ansible and/or other DevOps platforms
- Amazon AWS EC2, CloudFormation, Spot Instances
- Experience with Jenkins, GPG, JIRA, GDB, Go
- Proven success working in a distributed environment where email, Slack and voice calls are the only interactions with clients, colleagues and managers on a daily basis
- System administration skills for other operating systems
Location: Remote work from home specifically from the Eastern European region.