Manager - Professional Services (remote, EMEA based)
GLOBAL SERVICES – Professional Services
Percona is a leader in providing best-of-breed enterprise-class support, consulting, managed services, training and software for MySQL®, MariaDB®, MongoDB®, PostgreSQL® and other open source databases in on-premises and cloud environments. Our services and software accommodate rapid growth and application development, help companies develop and deploy agile solutions and improve your ability to keep up with customer needs.
This role leads a team of consultants who work alongside our Support and Managed Services teams, offering all-encompassing open source database solutions. Our customers range from Fortune 50 enterprises to startups, and our consultants help plan and deliver projects that include everything from design and scalability requirements, troubleshooting performance issues, to migrating to, or across, the cloud. We’re looking for a seasoned leader who will holistically consider our team, solutions, quality and growth to ensure customer success, team development and utilization, and profitability.
Our ideal candidate will be an experienced people leader who has achieved tremendous success in a Professional Services or Consulting firm, and who is motivated by transforming a business poised for exponential growth – someone who has been in a position to have this kind of impact before and is eager to do it again. You also love to be surrounded by other smart, driven people who are eager to share their knowledge, and will always have your back.
What You Will Do
- Help our team deliver high quality, efficient, and profitable professional services that result in high levels of customer satisfaction and retention
- Ensure our team members are valued, empowered and engaged
- Translate organizational vision and initiatives into executable goals and objectives
- Create and implement processes and best practices that are standardized, adopted, and executed consistently
- Serve as an escalation point to resolve customer issues, and develop and maintain relationships with key clients
- Help ensure our Sales, Marketing and Customer Success teams have what they need to land and expand new business
- Team up with other leaders to inform and create strategies, standards and effective collaboration across the organization to evolve from our legacy mindset
- Monitor and report on metrics and KPIs
- You've spent 5-10 years leading remote teams, managing business operations, and collaborating on cross-functional initiatives, preferably within technology Professional Services or Consulting industries
- You’ve built strong relationships with customers and other leaders across organizations
- You’ve built multiple teams with an established track record of driving change and attracting, motivating, coaching and retaining top talent
- You’ve developed the ability to understand and manage the nuances associated with operating globally distributed teams and business operations
- You’ve developed strong business acumen - in particular, making sense out of complex and ambiguous situations, understanding how business decisions affect financial outcomes, awareness of the implications of a choice for all affected parties, decisiveness and adaptability to change
- Exceptional English skills
What Defines You
- Humility - You keep your ego and self-interests in check while our customers and team remain central to everything you do
- Credibility - you walk your talk and your actions speak louder than words
- Vision - You lead with clarity, confidence, and a solution-oriented attitude
- Adaptability - You have an open mind that encourages new ideas and enables growth
- Accountability - You're answerable for accomplishing work and goals, and you own your decisions and actions
What Will Make You Stand Out
- Previous experience working with remote teams across multiple geographies and cultures
- PMP certification
- Familiarity with any of the following: open source community and database technologies such as MySQL/MariaDB, MongoDB, PostgreSQL
- Container technologies, especially Docker & Kubernetes
This is a remote position that will be based in the EMEA region. Candidates should be able to work remotely across multiple time zones.
Remote work from home openings require consistent and strong internet access.
HQ is in Durham, NC USA. Staff members should be available if there is a need for any onsite trainings and/or events at any time.
Note that your legal agreement will be with Percona Staffing LLC, a USA corporation and a subsidiary of Percona LLC.