San Francisco, CA /
At Peregrine, we create technology to help governments transform the way they fight crime while building trust with their communities. We do this through openness, accountability, careful policy enforcement, and respect for people’s personal freedoms.
Our platform fuses disconnected, unstructured data across secure networks and empowers users with highly intuitive interfaces to search, analyze, and collaborate. Customers tell us we help them solve cases that they thought were unsolvable, and allow them to communicate in ways they have never seen before. We are particularly proud to help government agencies solve more crimes while averting wrongful arrests.
Peregrine has been used to protect children and victims of human trafficking, diffuse organized crime networks, de-escalate hostage scenarios, solve homicide cases, identify serial burglary suspects, and more. Customers use the same platform to facilitate Freedom of Information responses, provide targeted social services for homeless populations, and share data with their community.
We believe careful deployment of modern technology to solve hard problems in government will create extraordinary positive change for our society, and we seek teammates who want to be part of our mission.
We are a team of principled and curious entrepreneurs who are motivated by solving hard problems. We trust each other, help each other, and love diving into challenges together. We believe perseverance, curiosity, creativity, humble ethos, and world-class execution are key ingredients to building impactful software.
We are inspired to work hand-in-hand with public servants. Our customers are our partners; we listen to their needs, learn from their experiences, and develop effective software experiences to help them do their best work.
Our team is advised by leading experts and industry practitioners in the law enforcement, intelligence, and civil liberties sectors who help us develop technology that is both operationally effective and trust-enhancing. We believe data can be used to empower all members of society, whether they are officers, detectives, agents, attorneys, or citizens.
The Product Role
We are looking for a leader to own our product experience end-to-end. As Peregrine’s first Product hire, you will fill a highly strategic, influential, and visible role. You will focus on all facets of the platform as a cross-organizational leader to accelerate the efforts of engineering, design, user engagement, customer success, and business development.
In this role you will work directly with our founding team to translate business strategy into product outcomes. You will be responsible for defining, prioritizing, and owning the product roadmap, moving seamlessly between high-level strategic planning and tactical project execution.
You will also partner with cross-functional teams to develop a deep and empathetic understanding of our customer needs. You will write detailed project plans and roadmaps based on user feedback, data, and market demand; own decisions and organizational alignment on priorities; and lead efforts to drive problem definition, ideation, design, development, launch, product marketing, and go-to-market of improvements and new product areas.
Peregrine values strong individual ownership inside a highly collaborative workplace, and this role will sit at the intersection of several teams.
- Passionate about customer experience and how users interact with software products
- Conceptual and expansive thinker who excels at tactical execution to keep the product moving forward
- Demonstrated track record of shipping modern platform products to organizations large and small
- Deep data fluency with the ability to make decisions founded on qualitative and quantitative data
- Ability to hold a large, complex product strategy and think at a systems-level when evaluating new feature requests or new information against our product and business strategy
- Excited to be part of an early-stage startup that sets big goals and thrives on strong execution
What We Look For
- 5+ years of direct product management experience
- Experience shipping high quality user-facing enterprise platforms strongly preferred
- Excellent vision with the ability to synthesize complex ideas into intuitive product specs and roadmaps
- Excellent communication and experience driving impact through cross functional leadership
- Experience defining and measuring KPIs to validate product assumptions
- Willingness to work on-site with customers to understand their needs and drive our roadmap
Peregrine Technologies is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We celebrate diversity and are a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.