Environmental Health & Safety Specialist
Emeryville, CA /
It's a Perfect Day to change the world! At Perfect Day, we're doing just that.
Perfect Day was founded in 2014 to create delicious, nutritious dairy products that everyone can love. We’re using fermentation (not animals) to make dairy proteins that are the foundation for foods like ice cream, cheese and yogurt – all with the distinctive taste and textures that consumers demand, but without lactose or environmental downsides. Through partnerships with respected brands, we’re working to launch a whole range of dairy products that will help shape a humane, sustainable food system for future generations.
As the newest member of the Facilities team you will be the overall safety liaison and Safety Champion leader for Perfect Day.
- Promote a culture of safety at Perfect Day
- Update and maintain the Safety Program
- Organize and document safety training and drills
- Lead investigations for work injuries, work related illness, and near misses
- Assist with workers comp case management in partnership with People & Culture
- Assist with environmental monitoring and exposure control
- Hazardous waste management to include:
- Inventory and permissible limits
- SDS database management
- Manifest tracking
- Waste profile development and management
- Scheduling pick ups
- Vendor management
- Schedule and monitor N95 fit testing
- Work on COVID preparedness for Perfect Day
- Wastewater management
- Collaborate with EH&S consultant
- Assist with SDS creation
- Maintain OSHA 300
- Conduct internal monthly lab safety audits
- Procure PPE, stocking, and vendor management
- Work across our buildings to oversee work use of chemicals and regulatory compliance
- Manage and review appropriate programs for sub-tenants (HMBP’s, chemical inventory etc)
- Ensure sustainable actions are implemented to target incident/risk reduction
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Minimum 3+ year’s environmental health & safety (EHS) experience.
- Experience with managing EHS programs, interacting and training all levels of personnel is required.
- Experience with site inspections, investigation methods and reporting of incidents.
- Understanding of CAA, CWA, and RCRA regulations
- Understanding of CAL OSHA regulations
- Ability to detect and solve problems effectively
- Strong written and verbal communications skills with the ability to positively interact with management and staff, regulators, project management staff and 3rd party clients and suppliers
- A high-energy, self-starter who thrives in a hard-working environment and can "roll up his/her sleeves" to get the job done.
- Lifting; bending, standing, sitting
It's a Perfect Day to change the world. The day when delicious dairy goodness is something everyone can love. The day we say goodbye to the downsides of factory farming. The day we throw a big party with luscious, animal-free milk, cheese, yogurt, and ice cream, all made with Perfect Day! We hope you join us!