People & Culture Coordinator
Berkeley, CA /
People & Culture /
It's a Perfect Day to change the world! At Perfect Day, we're doing just that.
Perfect Day was founded in 2014 to create delicious, nutritious dairy products that everyone can love. We’re using fermentation (not animals) to make dairy proteins that are the foundation for foods like ice cream, cheese and yogurt – all with the distinctive taste and textures that consumers demand, but without lactose or environmental downsides. Through partnerships with respected brands, we’re working to launch a whole range of dairy products that will help shape a humane, sustainable food system for future generations.
Perfect Day is working to commercialize its animal-free dairy protein products. We are seeking a motivated, enthusiastic People & Culture Coordinator to join our People & Culture team. The ideal candidate will possess strong interpersonal skills and be driven to do what it takes to contribute to a small cross-functional team in a fast paced, collaborative, start-up environment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist multiple functions with occasional to regular administrative and operational support.
- Provide entry-level People & Culture support in administrative and technical capacity.
- Assist with employee onboarding and offboarding.
- Assist with HRIS database maintenance.
- Assist with talent acquisition administration.
- Assist with a variety of occasional to regular administrative and technical support.
- Inventory management for a variety of items, including but not limited to office supplies, swag, and snacks.
- Provide lunch break coverage at the building entrance for reception.
- USPS Mail Management - collect, organize, and distribute via desk delivery or scan.
- Assist with a variety of occasional to regular administrative and operations support.
- In partnership with the Executive Assistant, ensure publicly accessible spaces are ready for unexpected VIP visitors.
- Assist with a variety of People & Culture projects and workflow process improvements.
- Suggest improvements to existing workflows, or workflows where none exist.
- Occasional errands.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 0-2 years of administrative or human resources experience.
- Experience and knowledge of general office practices.
- Dependable, hardworking, organized and a self-starter.
- This position requires attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to manage effectively with ambiguity, manage multiple projects through completion on time and on budget and to prioritize in a rapidly changing environment.
- Intermediate to advanced computing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong team spirit.
It's a Perfect Day to change the world. The day when delicious dairy goodness is something everyone can love. The day we say goodbye to the downsides of factory farming. The day we throw a big party with luscious, animal-free milk, cheese, yogurt, and ice cream, all made with Perfect Day! We hope you join us!