It's a Perfect Day to change the world! At Perfect Day, we're doing just that.
Perfect Day was founded in 2014 to create delicious, nutritious dairy products that everyone can love. We’re using fermentation (not animals) to make dairy proteins that are the foundation for foods like ice cream, cheese and yogurt – all with the distinctive taste and textures that consumers demand, but without lactose or environmental downsides. Through partnerships with respected brands, we’re working to launch a whole range of dairy products that will help shape a humane, sustainable food system for future generations.
Perfect Day is now manufacturing animal-free dairy protein products made through fermentation! We are seeking a skilled and experienced Process Engineer to take a lead on overseeing and managing Contract-Manufacturing Operations. This position demands a motivated and strong-willed individual with strong communication and organizational skills. The ideal candidate will be driven and will do what it takes to ensure successful and consistent production of our target proteins. The selected candidate who will join a small and experienced Manufacturing-team, is expected to be flexible, adaptable, and willing to contribute and support the others on the team. We succeed together!
- Lead and participate in a multidisciplinary team addressing critical issues in protein recovery and purification. Help set and execute the strategic and tactical direction in downstream process development.
- Responsible to deliver on product quality, recovery, cost, and quantity targets for commercial protein production.
- Lead, design, and execute optimization experiments and related projects in conjunction with other staff to deliver anefficient, cost effective technology package for scale up to product commercialization.
- Identify, develop, and implement novel and downstream technologies required to meet project objectives.
- Contribute to a project team responsible for executing successful technology transfer and scale-up of downstream recovery processes including separation, isolation, concentration and drying to contract development and manufacturing partners.
- Assist Perfect Day’s ongoing and new capital projects at manufacturing partners.
- BS/MS in Dairy Science or Food Science, Chemical or Biochemical engineering with 5+ years direct experience in scaling up downstream protein purification.
- Must have deep technical acumen and expertise in implementation and optimization of unit operations in protein separations, isolation and purification including but not limited to membrane filtration, mechanical separations, chromatography, evaporation, drying etc. Experience in scale up of these processes from bench to pilot to commercial is a requirement.
- History of meeting expectations of internal and external stakeholders.
- Self-starter with good organizational skills; able to work effectively in cross-functional teams, provide strong analytic and process design skills, root cause analysis, training and general communication.
- Project management training is an advantage.
- Ability to stand or sit for prolonged periods, climb, kneel, bend, and at times lift objects as heavy as 50 lbs.
- Travel will be required.
- Position located in a mix of typical laboratory, workshop and kitchen environments, and requires a tolerance for high worker traffic, close quarters, noise, odors, dust, transiently wet and dirty floors, and varying room temperatures and lighting.
It's a Perfect Day to change the world. The day when delicious dairy goodness is something everyone can love. The day we say goodbye to the downsides of factory farming. The day we throw a big party with luscious, animal-free milk, cheese, yogurt, and ice cream, all made with Perfect Day! We hope you join us!