Emeryville, CA /
Supply Chain /
It's a Perfect Day to change the world! At Perfect Day, we're doing just that.
Perfect Day was founded in 2014 to create delicious, nutritious dairy products that everyone can love. We’re using fermentation (not animals) to make dairy proteins that are the foundation for foods like ice cream, cheese and yogurt – all with the distinctive taste and textures that consumers demand, but without lactose or environmental downsides. Through partnerships with respected brands, we’re working to launch a whole range of dairy products that will help shape a humane, sustainable food system for future generations.
- Plan, arrange, and manage transportation.
- Align logistics plans with materials requirement, production, and order fulfillment schedules.
- Proactively track and expedite shipments.
- Transact shipments and milestones in information technology system(s).
- Manage shipping documents to support recordkeeping, quality assurance, finance, and regulatory requirements.
- Process over/short/damage cargo claims.
- Audit invoices for logistics and customs house brokerage services.
- Manage relationships with logistics service providers and measure performance.
- Recommend logistics service providers to include in sourcing events.
- Coordinate with trade compliance function to timely process U.S. imports and exports.
- Assist with physical inventory counts and support inventory management activities.
- Support forecasting and new product introduction activities.
- Estimate logistics costs in support of supply chain modeling exercises.
- Proactively identify logistics execution risks and recommend mitigation.
- Develop logistics metrics and key performance indicators.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- B.S. logistics, B.S. supply chain management, or equivalent practical experience.
- Expertise managing truckload, less than truckload, air freight, ocean full container load, and ocean less than container load transportation.
- Experience arranging transportation and storage of temperature control and/or perishable cargo.
- Working knowledge of dangerous goods transportation regulations including U.S. DOT, ICAO/IATA, and IMDG.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other functional areas such as manufacturing, sales & marketing, finance, and quality assurance.
- Demonstrates a proactive customer-first mindset.
- Is highly organized, analytical, and detail oriented.
- Is comfortable with ambiguity and thrives in a dynamic environment.
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED
- Working knowledge of food safety regulations governing the transportation of food.
- Background in dairy or biotechnology industry.
- Experience with transportation management system(s) and/or supply chain execution system(s).
- Practical application of lean and six sigma tools for processes improvement.
- Certification from ISM, ASCM (APICS), or CSCMP.
It's a Perfect Day to change the world. The day when delicious dairy goodness is something everyone can love. The day we say goodbye to the downsides of factory farming. The day we throw a big party with luscious, animal-free milk, cheese, yogurt, and ice cream, all made with Perfect Day! We hope you join us!