General & Administrative
LOCATION: Emeryville, CA
POSITION: Full time, non-exempt
REQUIRED EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, 1-2 years’ experience in accounting function
Perfect Day is working to commercializing its first animal-free dairy protein products. We are seeking an enthusiastic, organized and driven Staff Accountant to join our Finance team. This position will work closely with the Controller and Operations personnel to handle day-to-day accounting, supporting key stakeholders to make the right decisions and accomplish long-term success. The ideal candidate will be driven and will do what it takes to contribute to a small team in a fast paced, collaborative start-up environment.
Role and Responsibilities
- Assists with monthly close process including preparing and/or posting various journal entries including payroll, reviewing income statement accounts to ensure expenses are recorded in the correct period.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations.
- Update financial data in databases to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed.
- Prepare and submit weekly and monthly reports. Assist in preparation of monthly and yearly closings.
- Assist in providing documentation for the quarterly review.
- Assist with analysis of balance sheet and income statement and other financial statement variances according to legal and company accounting and financial guidelines, communicating financial results to management, budget preparation and analysis.
- Transition accounts payable functions/reconciliations
- Assist in various company initiatives and projects as requested.
- Presenting at team, project & company meetings.
- Suggesting improvements to existing work flows.
- Bachelor’s in Accounting, 1-3 years’ experience in accounting function
- Well-versed in accounting principles and able to work comfortably with numbers and attention to detail.
- Solid understanding of US GAAP.
- Strong Excel skills and knowledge of ERP software. Experience with bill.com and Expensify a plus.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, project management and communication skills.
- Good with numbers and figures and an analytical acumen.
- An inquisitive mindset and a willingness to question the status quo are desirable attributes.
- High energy, positive attitude, and the desire to learn.
- Ability to stand or sit for prolonged periods, climb, kneel, bend, and at times lift objects as heavy as 50 lbs.
· Position located in a mix of typical laboratory, workshop and kitchen environments, and requires a tolerance for high worker traffic, close quarters, noise, odors, dust, transiently wet and dirty floors, and varying room temperatures and lighting.