Web Security Researcher
Tel Aviv /
R&D – R&D /
Come join the battle against web threats!
We are looking for driven and talented employees to work as a Web Cyber Security researchers in our research group. You will join a leading team fighting off cybercriminals from our customers' traffic and help clean up the internet from bad bots.
What makes this position unique?
- An amazing, cross-functional team
- A versatile range of challenges and threats (Sophisticated account takeovers, highly persistent scalpers, automated attacks, and distributed scrapers are just a few)
- The variety: Writing code in multiple languages, analyzing big-data, researching attacks, providing thought leadership, working with other global teams.
What will you do?
- Threat management - understands the threats our customers face and the mitigation needed for each case.
- Actively lead in-depth cybersecurity research - define the necessary research questions, research the data, and validate the possible effects on customers’ traffic and product accuracy.
- Responsible for product accuracy - improving the product’s ability to detect and mitigate real-time cyberattacks.
- Build, review, maintain the research technical documentation, behavioural design, and blogs.
You must have:
- B.sc in computer science or equivalent experience (technological unit alumni etc.)
- Expertise in web architecture and protocols (DOM, JaveScript, HTTP/HTTPS, IPv4/v6 etc.)
- Understanding of the cybersecurity threat landscape
- 3 years+ of proven web Cyber Security Research experience
- Good English (Reading and Writing)
- Proven experience in JaveScript scripting language
- Motivated, independent, and passionate about finding the bad guys.
- Ability to motivate and lead those around you by your own contribution, professionalism, and teamwork
Nice to have:
- Experience with threats created by bots / Creating automated web-related tools
- Hands-on experience with data analysis of large and complex data sets (data manipulation, statistical analysis, Conclusions, etc.)
- Reversing capabilities
- Experience with publishing technical blogs/speaking at conferences
PerimeterX is the leading provider of application security solutions that keep your web business safe in the complex digital world. Delivered as a service, the company’s Bot Defender, Code Defender, and Page Defender solutions detect risks to your web applications and proactively manage them, freeing you to focus on growth and innovation. Bringing together an elite engineering team, security research to continually update its solutions with current intelligence, and best-in-class customer enablement and support, the world’s largest and most reputable websites and mobile applications count on PerimeterX to safeguard their consumers’ digital experience. PerimeterX has offices in San Mateo, California, Miami, Florida and Tel Aviv, Israel. You can also find us on the web at www.perimeterx.com.