Senior Software Engineer - Frontend
Perpetua provides growth optimization and reporting technology for the world’s smartest eCommerce businesses. Through the platform, brands and sellers create goals based on strategy and rely on Perpetua’s best-in-class, always-on optimization to execute tactically. Perpetua’s intelligent reporting tools will also surface the most important metrics you need in order to easily quantify and examine the investment of your advertising dollars into your business. Integrations with Amazon, Instacart, Walmart and more ensure brands achieve full-funnel engagement and maximum visibility.
As a frontend software engineer, you will be contributing to web applications written in ReactJS to bring a great Perpetua experience to our users.
What You'll Do:
- Design and build scalable UI/UX that supports systems responsible for generating business insights, reporting and analytics
- Take primary ownership for the development and maintenance of your product or feature
- Contribute to product vision and development
- Work collaboratively with other team members
- Work directly with customers to collect feedback and iterate
- Launch your product or feature and track user metrics
- Build sane systems and craft amazing products that work at scale
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or other related field
- 4+ Years of Frontend Software Engineering Experience
- Experience working with React or similar frameworks in production systems
- Familiarity with algorithms, data structures, and complexity analysis
- Experience planning and estimating software development tasks in an agile environment
- Ability to think on your feet and adapt to changing and open-ended requirements
- Experience with responsive web development
- Passion for measuring and improving code
- Ability to effectively communicate your thoughts and ideas
- Experience running production systems including deploying, monitoring, and debugging
Bonus Points If:
- Previous experience with a fast scaling start-up
- Experience with B2B or business insights and analytics
- Relevant personal projects and open source work
- Experience in the marketing or advertising space
- Experience with Typescript
- Experience with Figma
Working at Perpetua:
- Perpetua is operating in an incredible market with nearly unlimited growth potential. Our team in Toronto has grown from 40 to over 200 in the last year. We have recently opened offices in London, Berlin, Sao Paulo, Tokyo and Shanghai.
- Benefits and Health Spending Account on day one
- Flexible time off policy
- Generous parental leave program
- Flexible work arrangements - hybrid or in office
- Here at Perpetua one of our values is “have presence”, we encourage team members to work in person 1-2 times per week
- When in the office: daily catered lunches from Toronto’s best restaurants, unlimited snacks and drinks, Perpetua Library
- Learn more about us here: Life at Perpetua
The Interview Process:
Every role starts the same, an introductory call with someone from Perpetua. We will be looking for company and values-fit as well as your professional experience; there may be some technical role-specific questions during this call.
Every role is different after the initial call, but you can expect to meet several people from the team 1:1 and there might be further skill assessments in the form of a Take Home Assignment/Case Study Presentation or Pair Programming/Live Coding exercise depending on the role. In your initial call, we will walk you through exactly what to expect the process to be.
Accommodation at Perpetua
At Perpetua, we are dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce with varied experiences, perspectives and opinions. We believe diversity helps our team perform better and enables us to build an outstanding product for our customers. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
Please note, Perpetua does not accept unsolicited resumes.