Engineering Manager (m/f/d)
Perpetua provides growth optimization and reporting technology for the world’s smartest eCommerce businesses. Through the platform, brands and sellers create goals based on strategy and rely on Perpetua’s best-in-class, always-on optimization to execute tactically. Perpetua’s intelligent reporting tools will also surface the most important metrics you need in order to easily quantify and examine the investment of your advertising dollars into your business. Integrations with Amazon, Instacart, Walmart, and more ensure brands achieve full-funnel engagement and maximum visibility.
As an Engineering Manager at Perpetua, you will partner with the Lead Engineer on your squad in delivering software products predictably and frequently.
What You'll Do:
- Act as a sparring partner for the Product Manager, validating the feasibility of planned work
- Lead and mentor a team of Engineers
- Own the productivity of your team, ensuring that features are delivered predictably and frequently
- Own the well-being of your team, ensuring that delivery plans are realistic
- Develop functionality using Java and/or Kotlin (up to 50% hands-on as needed)
- Collaborate with other teams and departments
Who You Are:
- You have a track record of enabling a team to meet ambitious schedules by clearly helping the team define what's in scope and what's not
- You can define clear deliverables and timelines and communicate them to your team, your peers, and the rest of the organization
- You can manage multiple competing priorities for your team and ensure that everyone is crystal clear on expectations
- You have strong software engineering fundamentals, including systems architecture, algorithms, problem-solving and experience building web-based SaaS products
- You have an understanding of how the Web and Cloud work and have experience working in AWS using IAC
- You have at least 7 years of experience in software development using Java stacks
- You have at least 2 years of team leadership experience
Bonus Points If You Have:
- Experience working with Python, Django, Flask, ReactJS, Airflow.
- Previous experience as an Engineering Manager at a fast-growing product company in the ad tech space
Working at Perpetua:
- Perpetua is operating in an incredible market with nearly unlimited growth potential. Our team has grown from 40 to over 200 in the last year. Our head office is in Toronto and we have offices in London, Berlin, Sao Paulo, Tokyo, and Shanghai.
- Flexible work arrangements - remote, hybrid or in office
- Here at Perpetua one of our values is “have presence”, we encourage team members to work in person 1-2 times per week
- Flexible time off policy
- A very well-located office in the heart of Berlin Mitte including a rooftop terrace with a pool
- Professional coffee machine, and the best coffee beans Berlin has to offer ;)
- Free food and drinks, regular team events
- Visa sponsorship and assistance for non-EU citizens possible
- A friendly, open, multicultural work environment with colleagues from over 35 countries
- Learn more about us here: Life at Perpetua
At Perpetua, we are dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce with varied experiences, perspectives and opinions. We believe diversity helps our team perform better and enables us to build an outstanding product for our customers. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.