Remote Senior Full Stack Engineer
PersistIQ is hiring a remote Senior Full Stack Engineer! Help re-launch and lead a profitable YC-backed startup with 100s of customers that is undergoing a fresh start.
PersistIQ is a sales engagement platform that helps businesses send personalized emails to their customers. Founded in 2014, Pouyan and Cyrus built one of the leading tools in sales and were a part of Y Combinator with PersistIQ. Fast forward to 2019, the product continues to be used by hundreds of teams that are looking to accelerate their sales efforts. The team is now being run by Daniel, a serial founder who has gone through YC himself and grew a business from $0 to $1m+ in annual recurring revenue.
We have users who love using PersistIQ every single day as part of their workflow. See some reviews here: https://www.g2.com/products/persistiq/reviews
The market for sales engagement is a $2b+ market and is said to grow to $5b+ by 2023. Businesses continue to have the problem of starting conversations with prospects and customers. This is an opportunity to run an existing company while having the autonomy to run experiments and building software that deeply into customer problems.
Take over a robust codebase, help lead and build a team, and work on meaningful problems that help customers while working from anywhere in the world.
Our mission is to help businesses reach their potential. PersistIQ is our humble attempt to deeply understand the workflows and pain points of sales teams and build software for them that makes their lives easier and that they materially care about.
Learn more about us and our team:
About this role
As the Senior Full Stack Engineer, you will be in charge of our engineering team. You will work closely with Daniel and the rest of our small team. From the onset, you will have one full-stack engineer on your team. We anticipate hiring an additional engineer in the next six months (3 person engineering team).
You will be in charge of the infrastructure and architecture of our product, as well as the product experience. We are looking for someone who will feel comfortable with improving our email infrastructure, among other pillars of our software.
We are looking, ideally, for former technical founders, CTOs, or senior technical members of product-focused teams with strong back-end skills, comfortable across the stack, keen-appreciation for good user experience, with the autonomy that comes with a startup. Someone who embraces the thought of being responsible for solving the hard problems and running data-driven experiments to continue to build the business. Additionally, someone who cares about product experience and improving it for the user.
- Collaborate with our small team as a full-time remote employee (Senior Full Stack Engineer)
- Run product planning sprints and create technical documentation
- Work with design, product, and engineering on new product features (web app and marketing website)
- Implement new features while working across the stack
- Architect and build out our email infrastructure
- DevOps experience
- Run testing, monitoring, and logging infrastructure
- Opportunity to grow an awesome team around you!
What We Offer
- Fully remote work. Have the flexibility to live and work from wherever you'd like.
- Health care coverage (if international, stipend will be added to salary)
- Stipend to invest in your own personal growth (a hobby, the gym, an instrument, etc.)
- A stipend for work-related expenses (like a co-working space)
- Company laptop + budget to set up your work station
- Competitive U.S. salary offered regardless of where you are located
- Equity and/or cash bonuses based on company performance
- Access to Y Combinator resources (ex. introductions to expert help)
- In-person offsite get-togethers with the whole team every 3-6 months
What We Value
- Experience working on a small software team with lots of ownership
- Experience with distributed systems and micro-services
- No ego, seek the best way forward
- Excellent communication and writing ability
- Comfortable managing your own time and priorities
- Empathy for the user and desire to improve the product for them
- Interest in learning new technologies and interpersonal skills
- Experience with remote work
- Transparency to the fullest
- Unafraid to ask the hard questions
- Obsessed with customer empathy
- Value simplicity
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Bonus: Experience working on B2B/enterprise software
What We Look For
- Independent and proactive - Willing to take ownership over projects and to understand the work - not just do it.
- Curious and embrace learning - You like making new things and take a genuine interest in expanding your knowledge.
- Thoughtful and empathetic - You assume the best intentions of others
- Decisive - You're detail-oriented and care about quality but default toward action
- Experience matters - You care about the user experience and empathy for the user is in your DNA
- We have hundreds of paying customers to learn from
- We're working on a massive market opportunity that is continuing to grow
- You will be leading engineering that will impact businesses everywhere
- We are profitable and have the means to invest in engineering and growth
- We have a founder-led team that loves working together (all previously worked together on a previous company)
- Work from wherever you desire