Demand generation lead
San Francisco /
Marketing – Product marketing /
At Persona, we're building the first universal and comprehensive identity infrastructure to help businesses of all sizes better serve and protect their customers' identities. Our identity platform enables businesses to securely collect and manage their customers' personal information, to verify that their customers' are who they say they are, to analyze and detect fraud and abuse, and to pull sensitive reports about their customers in a privacy-centric way. In a world where consumer behaviors are changing and privacy and identity are taking on a new meaning, we want to help businesses find their superpowers and do it while putting their customers, the people, first.
About the role
Persona is working on an exciting suite of products and we are looking for a strategic demand generation leader to help amplify Persona’s brand and drive engagement through every stage of the buyer journey. As the leader of the demand generation function, you will be responsible for defining and executing the strategy that delivers growth and revenue. As an early member of the marketing team, you will set the foundation and build the demand generation function - from identifying testing opportunities, planning and executing campaigns, measuring success metrics, to ultimately growing a team to scale customer acquisition.
You will develop marketing’s tech stack, leveraging data, tools, and systems to advance our growth and demand strategy. You will execute across multiple channels, both inbound and outbound, to deliver tailored messages and provide a customer-focused experience.
This will be a highly cross-functional role, working closely with Sales, Content, Design, and Product Marketing to identify demand in the market, define target Personas, understand how they make decisions, and devise tailored strategies to generate interest and capture demand.
What you'll achieve
- Own demand generation strategy and partner with Sales to drive qualified leads and pipeline growth across target segments and buyer personas. Define the buyer journey and engage with customers across each journey stage to hit acquisition targets.
- Manage the development and execution of all lead generation programs (including but not limited to search, display, paid social, ABM, events, and content syndication) to drive free trials, demo requests, and optimize funnel conversion rates
- Design integrated campaigns and oversee planning of promotional activities to support new product launches. Uncover insights and provide feedback to PMMs through creative and messaging tests.
- Partner with GTM teams to build scalable account-based-marketing programs focused on increasing awareness and engagement with target accounts.
- Own forecasting, budgeting, and reporting on all demand generation activities, including setting and measuring against KPIs, tracking campaign efficiency, and providing analyses of demand creation activities on sales pipeline and revenue growth.
- Collaborate with Sales, Lifecycle Marketing, and Content to nurture leads through compelling content and develop lead scoring processes to enable pipeline acceleration.
- Oversee the customer journey and ensure consistent messaging across multiple channels.
What you'll bring to Persona
- 5+ years of demand generation experience at a B2B SaaS company, ideally with a technical platform product.
- Proven track record delivering qualified leads that convert into revenue growth.
- Demonstrated success implementing effective ABM tactics, processes, and tools.
- Deep understanding of the sales pipeline and the role marketing plays to impact the buyer journey.
- Experience building and managing marketing tech stack.
- Skilled in leveraging data, insights, and research to identify growth and optimization opportunities.
- Results-driven problem-solver with strong analytical skills, strategic thinking, business acumen and the ability to find creative ways to optimize performance
- Comfortable navigating ambiguity, relentless about driving clarity, and able to keep multiple projects on track in an extremely fast-moving environment.
- Experience working across a wide range of functions to lead and execute on cross-functional projects, driving alignment every step of the way from conception to completion. More than anything, you take pride in helping your teammates succeed.
- Experience hiring and growing a demand generation team is a plus
- Resourceful. You have a “get it done” attitude. You are comfortable navigating ambiguity, relentless about driving clarity, and able to keep multiple projects on track in an extremely fast-moving environment.
- Analytical. You will drive decisions through insights, quantitative analysis, and testing. You have the ability to turn unstructured data into learnings and actionable next steps.
- Ambitious. You love thinking about complex problems and finding opportunities to verify or invalidate assumptions.
- A team player. You are able to work across a wide range of functions to lead and execute on cross-functional projects, driving alignment every step of the way from conception to completion. More than anything, you take pride in helping your teammates succeed.
- Always curious. You want to understand how things work under the hood. You like to develop deep product knowledge and you optimize for learning at every stop.
At Persona, we strive to put diversity and inclusion at the forefront of everything we do, reflecting our core values. Our DEI Employee Resource Group seeks to build a diverse and inclusive team that fosters an environment where each Personerd feels empowered to bring their unique differences to work and achieve their full innovative potential. Our hope is that by fostering such an environment, we strengthen our business and relationships by putting people first.
We strive to promote a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusiveness regardless of, but not limited to, race, gender, sexual orientation, family status, religion, ethnicity, national origin, physical disability, veteran status, or age.
If you'd like to better understand what it's like working at Persona, feel free to check out our reviews on Glassdoor.