Acquisition Marketing Manager
New York, NY
The Petal mission
At Petal, we’re using fresh thinking and cutting-edge technology to make credit honest, simple and accessible. We use machine learning to analyze more data in our credit decisions, which means more people qualify, even if they’ve never had credit before. And we use behavioral science and smart, intuitive design to offer a simple, customer-centric product that’s engineered to achieve better financial outcomes -- with straightforward terms and no fees whatsoever. The result is an exciting new approach to credit that has the potential to radically expand credit access and improve the lives of millions of consumers, shaking up a trillion dollar industry in the process.
To do this, we’re bringing together exceptional talent from across disciplines and industries to shape the future of financial services and improve the lives of our customers in a meaningful way.
Acquisition Marketing Manager
As the Acquisition Marketing Manager, you are responsible for managing Petal's day-to-day customer acquisition efforts. You’ll collaborate with the Head of Growth to design and implement Petal’s media and creative strategy. You will manage the day-to-day optimization and analysis of existing channels, explore new channels for expansion, and develop and inform funnel optimization experiments. The role requires a deep knowledge of online advertising platforms, growth best-practices, analytics tools, documentation and market research.
What You'll Do
- Build out multiple acquisition marketing channels, including (but not limited to) SEM, Facebook, Pinterest, affiliate, native, referral, podcast, SEO, online video, and direct mail.
- Analyze and innovate upon existing channel creative and targeting strategies.
- Monitor the performance of Petal’s media mix and make recommendations on where to shift spend to maximize scale and efficiency.
- Lead company-wide acquisition reporting by regularly providing cross-functional teams with actionable insights to help improve landing page, sales funnel, and creative performance.
- Contribute to the management of a 7-figure marketing budget.
- Drive rapid A/B testing and analysis to uncover data-driven growth insights that inform acquisition strategy.
- Develop and regularly refine Petal’s custom cross-channel attribution model.
- Work closely with Petal Creative, PR, Communications and Design teams to build a cohesive and authentic brand that customers trust and love.
- Build and manage the feedback loop with Petal’s Risk team to inform customer / risk segmentation and manage portfolio credit quality.
Experience and Qualifications
- 3+ years experience in marketing or growth with at least 2 years achieving growth, acquisition and/or performance objectives.
- Direct experience trafficking, analyzing, and optimizing SEM, paid social, online video, email marketing, and direct mail campaigns. Experience with SEO, programmatic, Radio, and/or TV is a plus.
- You’re data driven and well-versed in full-funnel acquisition; you love analyzing CPMs, CTRs and CPA, and achieving growth that is “up and to the right.”
- Strong understanding and appreciation of branding, communications, design and customer segmentation.
- Exposure to market research, consumer surveying and randomized experimentation.
- Experience with credit products or in fintech,a plus.
- Organized, adaptive, detail-oriented, curious, thoughtful, mission-driven, independent and ambitious.
- Quantitative and analytical with careful attention to detail and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to think strategically and provide high-level input, but not afraid to roll up your sleeves and work quickly, in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
What Petal offers
>> Welcoming, diverse, and interesting colleagues from all walks of life
>> Competitive compensation packages, including equity
>> Comprehensive benefits package -- medical, dental, vision
>> 401(k) plan
>> Plenty of opportunities to get to know the team -- twice-weekly team lunches; monthly happy hours; monthly company dinners; fully-stocked kitchen
>> Generous PTO policy
>> Beautifully-designed office, located at the fashionable and fun intersection of Soho and Greenwich Village
>> Opportunities to attend learning programs and conferences (more to come!)
Petal is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion. We’re proud to be different, together.