Performance Marketing Leader
New York, NY
The Petal mission
At Petal, we’re using fresh thinking and cutting-edge technology to make credit honest, simple and accessible. We use machine learning to analyze more data in our credit decisions, which means more people qualify, even if they’ve never had credit before. And we use behavioral science and smart, intuitive design to offer a simple, customer-centric product that’s engineered to achieve better financial outcomes -- with straightforward terms and no fees whatsoever. The result is an exciting new approach to credit that has the potential to radically expand credit access and improve the lives of millions of consumers, shaking up a trillion dollar industry in the process.
To do this, we’re bringing together exceptional talent from across disciplines and industries to shape the future of financial services and improve the lives of our customers in a meaningful way.
The Performance Marketing role
As the Performance Marketer Leader, you are responsible for the performance of Petal’s customer acquisition function. You’ll be in charge of managing the day to day and long term customer acquisition strategy—from channel strategy and segmentation, to funnel optimization and analytics. The role requires a deep knowledge of online and offline advertising platforms, growth best-practices, analytics tools, and market research.
- Build multi channel attribution media mix models and manage a 7-figure marketing budget.
- Manage the day to day media buying, optimization, and analysis of online and offline acquisition channels including but not limited to Direct Mail, Affiliates , Display, Paid Social, Search.
- Manage team, agencies, and data partners to drive incremental scale and efficiency for Petal’s performance marketing campaigns.
- Consistently innovate on targeting, creative, and landing page strategies that drive customer quality.
- Optimize Petal’s customer acquisition strategy for NPV and other key business objectives.
- Regularly collaborate with risk team to ensure acquisition strategies are mapped and optimized to down funnel customer activity.
- Provide media planning expertise for brand campaign launches.
- Drive rapid multi-variant testing and analysis to uncover data-driven insights that inform acquisition strategy.
- Work closely with the VP of Marketing and cross functional teams (Digital Product, Design, Legal, etc.) to align customer acquisition strategies to other business priorities.
Characteristics of a successful candidate:
- 6+ years experience in performance marketing with at least 3 years achieving growth, acquisition or performance objectives for a credit card company.
- Experience managing and optimizing pre-screened direct mail campaigns is required.
- People management experience is preferred.
- Understanding and appreciation for brand marketing, communication strategy, design, and customer experience.
- Exposure to market research, consumer surveying and randomized experimentation.
- Organized, adaptive, detail-oriented, curious, thoughtful, ethical, independent and ambitious.
- Quantitative and analytical with careful attention to detail and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to think strategically and provide high-level input, but not afraid to roll up your sleeves and work quickly, in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Experience working at a startup a plus.
- Well versed in SQL, Excel, Powerpoint