Senior Software Engineer, Prism Data (Remote optional)
New York, NY /
About Petal and Prism Data
For the last 5 years, Petal has been on a mission to bring consumers safe and affordable credit, especially those underserved by the mainstream financial system. With over 100,000 members and nearly half a million credit decisions, we’re pioneering a more accurate and inclusive method of credit scoring, using the cash flow underwriting-based “CashScore.”
We’ve come to appreciate that thousands of other businesses might benefit from the technology and models we’ve created to expand access to responsible credit. We’re making these capabilities available for the first time via a new enterprise platform that we call Prism Data.
Prism Data is a next-generation transaction intelligence platform that helps businesses serve more customers, build better products, and make smarter decisions. Our technology takes raw consumer transaction data and transforms it into actionable insights to better understand a consumer’s credit risk, identity, income and more, all via API.
- Write high-quality, well-tested server-side code that runs smoothly in production and set standards across the team.
- Design and implement our developer-first API infrastructure.
- Pair closely with data scientists to deploy highly performant models.
- Make business vs technology trade-offs during all phases of the project lifecycle.
- Build tools to make integration with partners as seamless as possible.
Characteristics of a successful candidate:
- Experienced in designing, developing, testing, shipping, and scaling service-oriented/distributed systems.
- Deep sense of ownership with respect to developer experience.
- Strong self-management, sense of ownership, and organization.
- Passionate about systems design and robust software. Our backend platform will eventually serve thousands of customers and will need to adhere to strong SLAs. We are passionate about software architecture and fault tolerant production systems.
- Effective technical leadership. This is a high-growth role that can enable someone to grow into technical or people leadership responsibilities through active mentorship and team leadership as the company scales.
- Weighs trade-offs and focuses on value delivery. A fast-paced startup demands making trade-offs that balance the near term and long term value add of solutions. At Prism Data, we’ll design robust systems, but try not to let the perfect be the enemy of the good.
- We're seeking someone with a degree in Computer Science, Math or equivalent work experience.
- Experience building a B2B SaaS API product.
- Deep interest in the applications of machine learning.
- Python chops.
For our California employment information privacy statement, please click here.