Lifecycle Marketing Lead
New York, NY /
The Petal mission
Petal’s mission is to bring financial opportunity and innovation to everyone.
We're pioneering a new approach to credit, by analyzing an applicant’s banking history, in addition to credit history, to determine their creditworthiness. We call this technology a Cash Score — and it takes into account income, spending, and savings. It’s currently helping thousands of people qualify for credit at better rates, even if they’ve never had it before.
We bring the same ingenuity to our credit card products. Our simple and intuitive app gives members access to credit score tracking, budgeting tools, subscription management, and automated payment options—everything they need to make financial progress.
Now more than ever, Americans need help improving their credit safely, responsibly, and affordably. If this sounds like something you’d like to be a part of, apply now, and let’s change this trillion-dollar industry together.
At Petal, we're looking for people with kindness, positivity, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and potential will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Petal, we welcome diverse perspectives from people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions.
The Lifecycle Marketing Lead role
In order for Petal to fulfill its mission to offer simple, honest, accessible, and affordable credit to the millions of people who are new-to-credit, we rely on our Marketing team to help deliver that customer experience. This role offers a tremendous amount of exposure to all aspects of the business, including digital product management and design, operations, risk management, data science, and analytics. You’ll be tasked with working cross-functionally to help deliver against an innovative and delightful customer experience that maximizes retention and NPS. The ideal candidate is both creative and analytical, self-motivated and curious, and an organized, structured project manager.
- Manage Petal’s suite of owned channels, including but not limited to Email, SMS, and Push.
- Develop and execute on lifecycle marketing campaigns with a specific focus on engagement, feature adoption, retention, and usage.
- Collaborate closely with Digital Product, Ops, Legal, Analytics, and Risk to deliver against strategies that meet cross-functional business objectives.
- Work closely with the new product development task force to help guide the brand positioning for future feature releases.
- Assist in conducting quantitative and qualitative research to gather actionable insights on existing and prospective Petal members.
- Maintain and execute against a testing roadmap for the channels you manage. This includes regular analysis, optimization, and share out of performance.
Characteristics of a successful candidate:
- 3+ years of CRM or Product Marketing experience, ideally at an early-stage startup or lending business.
- Strong analytical skills and experience using analytics tools including but not limited to Google Analytics and Looker.
- Strong copywriter with a talent for uncovering resonant customer insights.
- Diligence in managing complex, cross-functional projects.
- Self-motivation and focus on high quality delivery
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Proficiency in SQL is a plus.
- Proficiency in HTML is a plus.
- Experience using Iterable & Sengrid is a plus.
For our California employment information privacy statement, please click here.