Senior Business Development Associate, Prism Data (Remote optional)
New York, NY /
Business Development /
About Petal and Prism Data
For the last 5 years, Petal has been on a mission to bring consumers safe and affordable credit, especially those underserved by the mainstream financial system. With over 100,000 members and nearly half a million credit decisions, we’re pioneering a more accurate and inclusive method of credit scoring, using the cash flow underwriting-based “CashScore.”
We’ve come to appreciate that thousands of other businesses might benefit from the technology and models we’ve created to expand access to responsible credit. We’re making these capabilities available for the first time via a new enterprise platform that we call Prism Data.
Prism Data is a next-generation transaction intelligence platform that helps businesses serve more customers, build better products, and make smarter decisions. Our technology takes raw consumer transaction data and transforms it into actionable insights to better understand a consumer’s credit risk, identity, income and more, all via API.
The Business Development role
We launched our private beta in April 2021 and are ready to accelerate Prism’s growth with your help. As a Senior Business Development Associate (and first member of the BD team!), you’ll own the end-to-end sales cycle and ongoing partner relationship management. This includes sourcing prospects, educating them on Prism Data’s solutions to their business challenges, onboarding and maintaining partner relationships, and surfacing partner needs and ideas to the product team.
If you’re interested in working at a mission driven company, helping educate and onboard future partners on the future of financial services through open banking APIs... apply below!
- Source partnership and client opportunities across a variety of industries, including traditional financial services, fintech, real estate, insurance and more. Educate prospects on the potential use cases for Prism Data’s API and product offerings.
- Organize our lead generation and management platform and build a scalable and systematic way to keep track of all leads and partners.
- Coordinate the sales, onboarding, and implementation relationship with all prospects and partners, by working cross functionally with product, engineering, data science, risk, and operations.
- Create the feedback loop between prospects, clients, and internal teams to continuously improve Prism’s product offerings, messaging, and onboarding materials and documentation.
- Determine business development success metrics and create systems to monitor and track performance, including partner success and happiness.
- Be the ‘face’ of Prism Data to partners, and manage the relationship, including handling conversations about churn, pricing, etc.
- Represent Prism Data at business networking functions, conferences, and events, and seek out opportunities to increase exposure.
- Ultimately, your success will be determined by the quantity and quality of Prism partnerships, as well as their satisfaction and retention.
Characteristics of a successful candidate:
- 5+ years of experience working in fast-paced business development/strategic alliance/sales environments, at a SaaS and/or fintech company.
- Passionate about Prism’s mission, a ‘constantly learning’ mentality, and deep knowledge of financial industry trends, news, and knowledge.
- Track record of success working with enterprise accounts and closing high value contractsEntrepreneurial and independent, able to take initiatives from idea to impact; razor-sharp focus on results.
- Consultative sales approach with emphasis on strong discovery skills, and the ability to close business while growing current clients.
- Strong prospecting, account mapping, objection handling, planning, and closing skills, including familiarity with relevant tools.
- Experienced in SaaS ecosystems with an understanding of the value and mechanics of APIs and integration development; can effectively partner with technical leaders both internally and externally.
- Has a strong attention to detail paired with the ability to multitask and coordinate several complex tasks simultaneously.
- Strong communication and excellent writing skills.
- Extensive professional network in the banks/credit unions/fintech/insurance/real estate industries is a major plus!
- Knowledge of procurement/purchasing cycles is also a plus!
For our California employment information privacy statement, please click here.