Credit Risk Lead
New York, NY
The Petal mission
At Petal, we’re using fresh thinking and cutting-edge technology to make credit honest, simple and accessible. We use machine learning to analyze more data in our credit decisions, which means more people qualify, even if they’ve never had credit before. And we use behavioral science and smart, intuitive design to offer a simple, customer-centric product that’s engineered to achieve better financial outcomes -- with straightforward terms and no fees whatsoever. The result is an exciting new approach to credit that has the potential to radically expand credit access and improve the lives of millions of consumers, shaking up a trillion dollar industry in the process.
To do this, we’re bringing together exceptional talent from across disciplines and industries to shape the future of financial services and improve the lives of our customers in a meaningful way.
The Risk Role
We are working on revolutionizing credit through usage of personal cash flow in underwriting. Achieving this objective requires outstanding risk management. Risk touches the entire customer life cycle and we intend to provide a safe, seamless and industry-leading experience for our customers. We are pioneering cash-flow underwriting in the space and we have an opportunity an entirely new data source to deliver for customers and the business.
- Develop insights and data visualizations to solve complex problems and communicate ideas to internal stakeholders.
- Extract and analyze data, investigate data integrity, generate metrics and perform ad hoc analysis.
- Partner with data engineers to validate & deploy solutions in an efficient, sustainable & usable manner.
- Explore and test new data sources to improve our decisioning.
- Design and execute acquisition, pricing, credit line tests
- Build and execute performance reporting
- Be a thought leader on the broader team for credit card customer experience
Characteristics of a successful candidate
- 2-5 years experience in credit risk management
- Strong knowledge of SQL, R and Python (preferred but not required)
- Strong self-management, drive, and organization
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment is essential
- Strong track record in working collaboratively
- Understanding of credit cards