Senior Product Manager, Prism Data (Remote optional)
New York, NY /
We are looking for an experienced Senior Product Manager to join our Product team.
Petal is furthering our mission of bringing safe and affordable financial services to consumers everywhere by launching Prism Data, a B2B enterprise API offering. This Senior Product Manager role will be the first PM role focused on building out this new product line.
About Petal and Prism Data
For the last 5 years, Petal has been on a mission to bring consumers safe and affordable credit, especially those underserved by the mainstream financial system. With over 100,000 members and nearly half a million credit decisions, we’re pioneering a more accurate and inclusive method of credit scoring, using the cash flow underwriting-based “CashScore.”
We’ve come to appreciate that thousands of other businesses might benefit from the technology and models we’ve created to expand access to responsible credit. We’re making these capabilities available for the first time via a new enterprise platform that we call Prism Data.
Prism Data is a next-generation transaction intelligence platform that helps businesses serve more customers, build better products, and make smarter decisions. Our technology takes raw consumer transaction data and transforms it into actionable insights to better understand a consumer’s credit risk, identity, income and more, all via API.
This is an entrepreneurial role with the ability to make a large impact on the future product roadmap of an early product offering.
- Become an expert on the current and future needs of our existing and future clients. Build a robust set of scalable channels for customer feedback that enable our customer-centric product roadmap.
- Build the multi-year product roadmap for Prism that solves the needs of our clients for creating actionable insights from their customers’ financial data.
- Create detailed specifications for Prism’s API offerings to solve clients’ business goals in a developer-friendly offering.
- Be willing, ready and able to do whatever it takes to make clients successful. This is still day 1 for Prism and you should be eager to assist in the sales, customer onboarding or support process to make it all work.
- Work across Legal, Marketing, Data Science, Operations and other teams to find solutions to problems even if outside the typical PM responsibilities.
- Investigate and triage potential issues that arise. Use data analysis and cross-functional coordination to get to the root cause and identify a path forward for resolution.
Characteristics of a successful candidate:
- 5+ years of experience as a Product Manager or Technical Product Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline (e.g., Computer Science, Engineering) or equivalent experience working as a software engineer.
- Experience building enterprise software products.
- Strong sense of ownership and systems thinking.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including ability to easily communicate a complex project to varied internal and external audiences.
- Strong ability to influence and communicate cross-functionally with all levels of management.
- Possess self-motivation to keep moving work forward even in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge.
- Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding products both functionally and technically.
- Enjoy being a flexible, productive generalist and willing to solve problems and create delightful experience across the entire user journey.
- Strong problem solving skills for triaging ad hoc requests that come through.
- A growth mindset and desire to learn
- Hands-on experience working with APIs and data products.
For our California employment information privacy statement, please click here.