Product Director - Customer
Technology & Product – Product /
Full time /
At Pet Circle, we want to create a world where pets and their families are healthy, happy and spend more time together - and we are looking for fantastic people to help us do that!
Over the past ten years, we’ve scaled to become one of Australia's Top 5 eCommerce companies and the No.1 player in the Online Pet industry. We will accelerate our growth as we continue on our mission to disrupt the way that pet parents discover & shop for the products they love.
The pet industry is booming (it’s a $15billion dollar industry!) and pets are holding bigger spaces in our hearts and homes than ever before. Online penetration of the pet industry is going to grow exponentially in the next 5 years. This is a unique opportunity in your career to be part of our exceptional growth story!
Founded and headquartered in Sydney, our team is now over 700 people strong and are based across Australia, New Zealand and the Philippines.
We’re looking for a talented individual to join Pet Circle as our new Product Director - Customer. This is a pivotal senior role that will steer the evolution of our core digital customer experiences. We have an ambitious plan to take our customer experience to the next level and this role will be at the heart of that journey. This is one of those rare career defining opportunities for the right individual. In the role, you will become a core member of our product leadership team, led by our Chief Customer Officer, and will lead a team of product managers, working closely with engineers and product designers in a squad based model. Success in the role will mean working collaboratively with other leaders and functions within Pet Circle as well as with external partners. This role will suit an ecommerce savvy leader who is passionate about great customer experiences. Someone who is highly driven, excited by challenge, sees opportunities where others see hurdles, and loves chasing an ambitious “North Star.”
- End to end customer experience for core ecommerce journeys
- Ownership of key commercial metrics and outcomes relating to website / ecommerce performance
- Lead a team of Product Managers and be responsible for the delivery and operational outcomes of squads comprising engineers, product managers, and product designers
- Formulate roadmap(s) for the evolution of customer journeys that brings to life the organisation’s strategy and experiences that delight our customers and turn them into lifelong Pet Circle customers
- Collaborate closely with other business functions to ensure what we do makes sense from a customer in perspective and ensure we secure the synergies of cross-functional alignment
- Provide Product Management mentorship to others in the organisation and play a key role in lifting the maturity of our Product Management capability
Successful attributes for the role include:
- A highly intuitive sense of what forms a great customer experience. An ability to connect the dots, understand customer needs, understand commercial/strategic imperatives and constraints, and work with teams to create rich and compelling customer experiences.
- Strong leadership skills with a bias to an empowering / coaching leadership style
- A strong bias to action and a willingness to be pragmatic in the pursuit of customer and business impact when needed
- Relentless drive and energy to secure customer and business outcomes
- An ability to deeply understand business and customer context and use this to inform product choices
- An ability to balance the sometimes conflicting commercial needs/drivers of the organisation with customer needs and wants
- An ability to coach, influence and persuade others outside immediate team
- Ability to build strong relationships with senior business stakeholders
- A style that actively challenges the status quo to deliver customer driven and measurable outcomes
- A passion for online and a deep appreciation for exceptional customer experiences
- 10+ years experience in Product roles with at least 3+ years leading multiple squads to deliver business/customer outcomes
- Experience working in an online retail business and a fast growing company
- Experience in identifying investment opportunities, securing organisation support, and sponsoring execution
- A natural leader with a track record of attracting and nurturing talent
- Proven record of delivering coherent and high-quality experiences across the web and native mobile platforms
- An excellent communicator and highly collaborative by nature
At Pet Circle we believe that collaboration and team connection is key for success. This role will be based in Sydney with a blended working arrangement of at least two days in our office and the remaining working from home each week.
We’re passionate about what we do and our love for pets is the centre of our why. Becoming a pawsome Pet Circler means you’re committed to help shape an entire industry - pretty exciting stuff! We’re a stable, innovative and low-ego group of people who relish challenges and aren’t afraid to do what’s right. Here’s what we stand for;
Culture first. Every time. Our values of Better Together, Pets Matter, Instinctively Curious and Humble Hearts, Hungry Minds, mean the world to us!
We’re committed to flexibility and understand that it means different things to different people. For new parents, we offer generous leave for primary and secondary carers.
Your wellbeing is non-negotiable. We seek to provide a collaborative, caring and safe environment, allowing you to present your full self each day. This includes things like Recharge Days and a discounted ClassPass subscription.
A focus on you and your development - think learning tools, stretch projects, focus groups, secondments and other internal mobility opportunities!
Join us on our animal welfare mission: we donate 10,000kg of pet food and supplies per month to pet shelters and support through our communities through team charity volunteer days
At Pet Circle, candidate experience is of utmost importance. We have been recognised as a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer and we commit to responding to every application.
Belong at Pet Circle
Our unique expertise unites us to achieve our goal of helping pet parents, pet better. We value diversity in all forms and perspectives, always. Our global team is highly valued for all that they offer, we listen to each other and create a humble and inclusive environment for all to thrive. No matter your background, please apply if our roles ignite an excitement in you to bring your full self to work each day.