Intern and Associates
Pete for America is run by a growing, well-organized, and motivated team, backed by volunteers and supporters across the country. We're searching for hard-working and kind people to join us. We are committed to radical transparency and fairness, and are steadfast in our work to share Pete's vision with the country. We don't stand for harassment or discrimination of any kind.
Mayor Pete is a different type of candidate, and we are a different kind of team. Our goals require collaboration across all departments and our structure facilitates that.
We're looking for interns to join us in South Bend, Iowa, and New Hampshire. Internships with Pete for America are paid positions.
What you'll do:
- Track media coverage for early voting states, debates, and events
- Transcribe candidate events, speeches, gaggles, fundraisers, debate preparations and interviews
- Working with press team to create press lists for targeted media markets
You might be a good fit if you:
- Truly value a diversity of experiences and voices, you know it positively impacts outcomes, and you can point to times you've demonstrated this personally and professionally
- Have a passion for the news and love tracking stories as they develop
- Are a driven problem solver who simply gets things done
- Value timeliness and understand the importance of capitalizing on a news cycle - no matter the time of day
- Find pride in your attention to detail, prioritization and organizational skills
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
Pete for America is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment free from unlawful discrimination as is consistent with our commitment to diversity, respect, and inclusion.
Pete for America provides all employees and applicants with equal opportunity in all aspects of the employment relationship.