Front-End Web Developer
South Bend, Indiana
Data and Technology
Pete for America is building a data and tech team and we need a scrappy, experienced web developer.
Pete for America is run by a growing, well-organized, and motivated team, backed by volunteers and supporters across the country. We're searching for hard-working and kind people to join us. We are committed to radical transparency and fairness, and are steadfast in our work to share Pete's vision with the country. We don't stand for harassment or discrimination of any kind.
Mayor Pete is a different type of candidate, and we are a different kind of team. Our goals require collaboration across all departments and our structure facilitates that.
This role will help design and manage web products and pages that support and build on the values of our campaign. Managing and building upon existing web tools, emails, event pages, etc, this role will work closely with all teams to ensure their message is clearly displayed online. You will be an early member of the technical team and play an important role in establishing systems and building a creative and collaborative culture.
What you'll do:
- Work with technical and non-technical stakeholders to develop web platforms that help supporters understand, assist, and organize with the Pete for America campaign
- Ensure a cohesive user experience across supporter-facing sites and applications
- Implement branded, responsive HTML and CSS templates for web pages and email campaigns
- Build quickly under pressure, while ensuring solutions remain reliable, polished, and performant
- Document your code and processes to ensure others can understand and learn from your work
- Incorporate feedback from data, supporters, and relevant campaign staff on the ground, iterating quickly to provide efficient solutions
What you'll bring:
- A genuine value for diversity of experiences, identities, and voices. You know diversity positively impacts outcomes, and you can point to times you've demonstrated this personally and professionally
- A commitment to seamless and inclusive user experience at every turn
- Deep respect for security, privacy, and accessibility, and familiarity with some of the front-end technologies that can help achieve these goals
- Experience with Wordpress or a similar CMS
Pete for America is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment free from unlawful discrimination as is consistent with our commitment to diversity, respect, and inclusion.
Pete for America provides all employees and applicants with equal opportunity in all aspects of the employment relationship.