Deputy Organizing Director
Pete for America is run by a small, well-organized, and motivated team, backed by volunteers and supporters across the country. We're searching for hard-working and kind people to join us. We are committed to radical transparency and fairness, and are steadfast in our work to share Pete's vision with the country. We don't stand for harassment or discrimination of any kind.
Mayor Pete is a different type of candidate, and we are a different kind of team. Our goals require collaboration across all departments and our structure facilitates that.
We are building a modern campaign, and that means each department needs to leverage the best of smart digital, organizing, and data best practices. In this role, you’ll help build an on-the-ground organization that reaches people where they are (both offline and online) and is committed to organizing communities and supporters in an honest, authentic, and innovative way. You will help hire a team to run a first-of-its-kind organizing program that empowers organizers to use digital tactics and technology, integrates relational organizing strategies, and turns the excitement for Mayor Pete into a robust infrastructure.
We’re looking for team-oriented strategists and executors to work on the ground in Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada, and South Carolina.
You might be a good fit if you:
- Want to push the envelope of what campaign “organizing” means -- and want to do what works, not just what we’ve done in the past
- Truly value a diversity of experiences and voices, you know it positively impacts outcomes, and you can point to times you've demonstrated this personally and professionally
- Understand that “digital organizing” is just regular organizing in 2019
- Are a people person and know the names and dreams of the people who work at your local coffee shop
- Feel joy when you see a well organized spreadsheet
- Obsess over performance and find joy in motivating others
- Respect the power of what a person with a clipboard can do, and also what the power of an optimized online user-experience can do
- Enjoy thinking about holistic programs and how to keep groups motivated and engaged
- Get goosebumps thinking about a perfectly run two-day organizer training (and are already thinking about what to do for family fun)
- Have helped run training programs or organizing programs (not just electoral!)
Pete for America is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment free from unlawful discrimination as is consistent with our commitment to diversity, respect, and inclusion.
Pete for America provides all employees and applicants with equal opportunity in all aspects of the employment relationship.