South Bend, Indiana
Pete for America is building out our design team and we are looking for someone to create newspaper ads, event program ads, event collateral, and other internal print and digital needs.
Pete for America is run by a small, well-organized, and motivated team, backed by volunteers and supporters across the country. We're searching for hard-working and kind people to join us. We are committed to radical transparency and fairness and are steadfast in our work to share Pete's vision with the country. We don't stand for harassment or discrimination of any kind.
Mayor Pete is a different type of politician, and we are a different kind of team. Our goals require collaboration across all departments and our structure facilitates that.
We are building a modern campaign, and that means each department needs to leverage social media content tailored for the platform, audience, and moment.
We are looking for someone who has experience designing engaging, robust, dynamic, and thoughtful content. This is a fast-paced job where designers will have to make quick decisions, so having good political instincts and an awareness of campaign best practices is a plus. Our goal is to resonate with our audience, not win design awards.
What you'll do:
- Create engaging, bold, and thoughtful design across print and digital platforms
- Work directly with vendors and state directors on gathering specs and QA
- Create and update graphic templates
You might be a good fit if you:
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment in which multitasking and fast turnarounds are the norms
- Genuinely enjoy spending time on social media and following news cycles
- Are discreet, intuitive, and professional -- everything you do reflects on the campaign and the Mayor
- Are experienced, skilled, and enjoy (!) layout design
- Have an expert level proficiency of InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Highly skilled in print ready mechanical layout (Indesign, PDF's)
- Excellent at typography and color combinations
- Work quickly and manage an organized workflow
- Good eye for choosing photography
Pete for America is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment free from unlawful discrimination as is consistent with our commitment to diversity, respect, and inclusion.
Pete for America provides all employees and applicants with equal opportunity in all aspects of the employment relationship.