Deputy State Director - Iowa
We’re looking for a Deputy State Director to join our team in Iowa. We are looking for folks who are passionate about sharing Pete’s vision, work well in fast-paced environments, and can effectively communicate within our team and across departments.
Pete for America is run by a growing, well-organized, and motivated team, backed by volunteers and supporters across the country. We're searching for hard-working and kind people to join us. We are committed to radical transparency and fairness, and are steadfast in our work to share Pete's vision with the country. We don't stand for harassment or discrimination of any kind.
Pete is a different type of candidate, and we are a different kind of team. Our goals require collaboration across all departments and our structure facilitates that.
In this role you will collaborate with department heads across our dynamic Iowa team, and lead day to day project management of strategic programs as they intersect across departments.
What you'll do:
- Work with our State Director and stakeholders in Iowa to ensure the development and implementation of the programs and goals for the state
- Collaborate with the political, organizing, and communications teams in maintaining relationships with key stakeholders across the state.
- Manage key projects for the state program and work with HQ staff to ensure continuity
You might be a good fit if you:
- Have 3+ cycles of campaign leadership experience, experience in Iowa preferred but not required
- Truly value a diversity of experiences and voices, you know it positively impacts outcomes, and you can point to times you've demonstrated this personally and professionally
- Never let a project go unfinished and can take something from inception to completion
- Work well under pressure, can prioritize ruthlessly and can maintain confidentiality in all that you do
- Are a driven problem solver who simply gets things done
- Value timeliness and understand the importance of capitalizing on a news cycle - no matter the time of day
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
Pete for America is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment free from unlawful discrimination as is consistent with our commitment to diversity, respect, and inclusion.
Pete for America provides all employees and applicants with equal opportunity in all aspects of the employment relationship.