Early States Deputy Operations Director - South Carolina
Management and Operations
Pete for America is looking for an Early States Deputy Operations Director to work with our Early State Operations Director in implementing the team’s efforts in South Carolina.
Pete for America is run by a growing, well-organized, and motivated team, backed by volunteers and supporters across the country. We're searching for hard-working and kind people to join us. We are committed to radical transparency and fairness, and are steadfast in our work to share Pete's vision with the country. We don't stand for harassment or discrimination of any kind.
Mayor Pete is a different type of candidate, and we are a different kind of team. Our goals require collaboration across all departments and our structure facilitates that.
In this role, the Deputy Operations Director will work alongside the state Operations Director to implement Operations programming in their state. The Deputy Operations Director plays an integral part in Operations systems management in the states, ensuring the day-to-day functioning of different projects and initiatives, from addressing immediate flags of the state teams, to implementing longer-term projects like State Supporter Housing.
What you'll do:
- Work with the Early States Operations Director to implement the long-term and day-to-day logistics and administration for one of the early states
- Own the implementation of multiple state priorities including requests from the field, our Supporter Housing program and more
- Address operations issues and needs from staff throughout the state in a timely manner
- Implement long term strategies relating to state operations
- Implement long term strategies relating to field team operations
What you'll bring:
- At least one cycle of campaign experience required
- At least one cycle of campaign operations or organizing experience preferred
- Exceptionally well organized with intense attention to detail
- Strong time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with people from different backgrounds
- Flexible, adaptable and solutions-oriented
- Ability to meet tight deadlines under pressure
- Knowledge of Google suite tools
- Ability to work long and irregular hours in a fast paced, metrics-driven work environment
Pete for America is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment free from unlawful discrimination as is consistent with our commitment to diversity, respect, and inclusion.
Pete for America provides all employees and applicants with equal opportunity in all aspects of the employment relationship.