Traveling Social Media Manager
South Bend, Indiana
Pete for America is building out our content team, and we need folks who are skilled in digital communications, messaging, and creative content.
Pete for America is run by a small, well-organized, and motivated team, backed by volunteers and supporters across the country. We're searching for hard-working and kind people to join us. We are committed to radical transparency and fairness, and are steadfast in our work to share Pete's vision with the country. We don't stand for harassment or discrimination of any kind.
Mayor Pete is a different type of politician, and we are a different kind of team. Our goals require collaboration across all departments and our structure facilitates that.
We are building a modern campaign, and that means each department needs to leverage social media content tailored for the platform, audience, and moment.
We are looking for people who have experience with writing and creating social media content, working directly with a candidate or principal, and are equal parts creative and detail-driven.
You might be a good fit if you:
- Truly value a diversity of experiences and voices, you know it positively impacts outcomes, and you can point to times you've demonstrated this personally and professionally.
- Love the idea of making something "go viral" for the right reason.
- Are a writer, and enjoy writing content that will move audiences.
- Enjoy working in a fast paced environment in which multi-tasking and fast turnarounds are the norm.
- Are able to discern what makes a good photo, video, and graphic, and know how to effectively pair writing with media content.
- Genuinely enjoy spending time on social media and following news cycles.
- Respect best practices but are willing to try out something new, too.
- Believe that communications and digital should be thought of holistically, and have a good grasp of how the former can drive the latter and vice versa.
- Are discreet, intuitive, and professional -- everything you do reflects on the campaign and the Mayor.
- Collaborating with others builds your energy, doesn't fuel frustration -- this role will work closely with communications, content, production, and other teams.
- Are a careful planner who is also able to think and work on the fly.
In this role, you will:
- Travel with the "road team;" this means traveling with Pete and Chasten, and helping them and other campaign staff manage content on the road.
- Work with teams across the campaign to develop messaging and push out content across platforms.
- Develop new and interesting ideas for digital content that amplify Mayor Pete’s message.
- Prepare daily and weekly social content plans in coordination with other campaign teams.
We keep all resumes on file and will be in touch as we grow. Thank you for your early support.
Pete for America is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment free from unlawful discrimination as is consistent with our commitment to diversity, respect, and inclusion.
Pete for America provides all employees and applicants with equal opportunity in all aspects of the employment relationship.