South Bend, Indiana
Pete for America is looking for a Video Director to help bring Pete’s message to the masses.
Pete for America is run by a growing, well-organized, and motivated team, backed by volunteers and supporters across the country. We're searching for hard-working and kind people to join us. We are committed to radical transparency and fairness, and are steadfast in our work to share Pete's vision with the country. We don't stand for harassment or discrimination of any kind.
Mayor Pete is a different type of candidate, and we are a different kind of team. Our goals require collaboration across all departments and our structure facilitates that.
We are building a modern campaign, and that means each department needs to leverage well-written content, tailored for the platform, audience, and moment.
This position will focus on shaping and leading ideas through the video creative and execution process from concept through completion. This role requires collaborative leadership working across the campaign on a range of deliverables across multiple product, content, and communication platforms, while collaborating with and empowering in-house teams to deliver compelling content.
A strong, journalistic, video content production background is required.
What you'll do:
- Manage an extremely talented, kind, and fun team, including producers, editors, and videographers
- Lead that cross-functional team to write, shoot, design, produce, and deliver high-quality video content on quick timelines that advances campaign goals
- Engage and work productively with leadership across the campaign
- Manage and empower the Video Team on project assignments through clear guidance, ideation, and collaboration
- Adopt and instill the Pete for America tone and core messaging within all video assets across platforms
- Collaborate with partners from our creative, scheduling, advance, and operations teams
- Understand, analyze, and gather data and develop metrics for the creative process, and evolve the work based on best practices, trends, and information
- Create reusable assets and templates that make it easy to quickly produce video products
- Design, implement, and maintain a series of approval processes to move content from concept to final product
You might be a good fit if you:
- Are a bold leader who can communicate direction clearly under quick deadlines and high pressure situations
- Are a creative thinker who can empower your team to produce “out of the box” content
- Are scrappy and can figure out how to get things done on the fly, within budget, and under deadliness
- Are are a storyline detective. You seek out diverse voices and experiences from people across the country and match them with Pete’s vision and solutions.
- Have 8+ years experience in media arts/production
- Are proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience leading and managing a team of 3 or more
- An understanding of post production workflows and storage solutions
- Have experience building partnerships and coalitions of creatives
- Have experience scripting and storyboarding
Pete for America is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment free from unlawful discrimination as is consistent with our commitment to diversity, respect, and inclusion.
Pete for America provides all employees and applicants with equal opportunity in all aspects of the employment relationship.