States HQ Assistant
Management and Operations
Pete for America is looking for a States HQ Assistant to assist the Iowa team in ensuring HQ operations works efficiently and in compliance with all organization-wide processes.
Pete for America is run by a growing, well-organized, and motivated team, backed by volunteers and supporters across the country. We're searching for hard-working and kind people to join us. We are committed to radical transparency and fairness, and are steadfast in our work to share Pete's vision with the country. We don't stand for harassment or discrimination of any kind.
Mayor Pete is a different type of candidate, and we are a different kind of team. We are running a different kind of organizing program -- a relationship-focused nationally-scaled organizing program -- and we will be holding ourselves accountable to new and different metrics to track success.
What you'll do:
- Organize and maintain detailed calendars and coordinate communication structures for the team
- Plan and organize departmental meetings with State leadership
- Assist in the planning and execution of departmental trainings
- Help ensure state operations are running smoothly
- Plan and execute other special projects as needed
You might be a good fit if you:
- A put-your-head-down-and-do-the-work-but-also-have-fun-while-we-do-it attitude!
- Have a high level of expertise with Google calendar
- Are a solutions-oriented mindset who wants to find ways to get to “yes”
- Strive for inbox zero and love crossing things off a checklist
- Have experience staffing a principal - this is preferred but not required
- Have experience with an organizing or state program - this is also preferred but not required
Pete for America is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment free from unlawful discrimination as is consistent with our commitment to diversity, respect, and inclusion.
Pete for America provides all employees and applicants with equal opportunity in all aspects of the employment relationship.