Communications and Press
We’re looking for a Communications Director to join our team in South Carolina. We are looking for folks who are passionate about sharing Pete’s vision, work well in fast-paced environments, and can effectively communicate within our team and across departments.
Pete for America is run by a growing, well-organized, and motivated team, backed by volunteers and supporters across the country. We're searching for hard-working and kind people to join us. We are committed to radical transparency and fairness, and are steadfast in our work to share Pete's vision with the country. We don't stand for harassment or discrimination of any kind.
Pete is a different type of candidate, and we are a different kind of team. Our goals require collaboration across all departments and our structure facilitates that.
In this role you will lead the communications effort in South Carolina. South Carolina is a critical, early primary state, and we are looking for a communications professional with campaign experience who can communicate Pete’s message to South Carolina voters.
What you'll do:
- Envision and develop the overall communications strategy for the campaign within South Carolina to ensure Pete’s message and profile are raised
- Work with the state director and Communications team for message cohesion across departments, information distribution channels, and created content
- Manage press relationships that are being maintained across the state
- Oversee the issues and research program for the state, and develop a Rapid Response program specific for South Carolina
You might be a good fit if you:
- Have 3+ years political communications experience, as well as campaign experience
- Have on-the-record experience, and a track record of developing reporter relationships and getting positive stories placed in local news
- Truly value a diversity of experiences and voices, you know it positively impacts outcomes, and you can point to times you've demonstrated this personally and professionally
- Have a passion for the news and love tracking stories as they develop
- Work well under pressure and can maintain confidentiality in all that you do
- Are a driven problem solver who simply gets things done
- Value timeliness and understand the importance of capitalizing on a news cycle - no matter the time of day
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
Pete for America is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment free from unlawful discrimination as is consistent with our commitment to diversity, respect, and inclusion.
Pete for America provides all employees and applicants with equal opportunity in all aspects of the employment relationship.