Deputy Political Director - Iowa
Pete for America is looking for a Deputy Political Director to join our team in Iowa.
Pete for America is run by a growing, well-organized, and motivated team, backed by volunteers and supporters across the country. We're searching for hard-working and kind people to join us. We are committed to radical transparency and fairness, and are steadfast in our work to share Pete's vision with the country. We don't stand for harassment or discrimination of any kind.
Mayor Pete is a different type of candidate, and we are a different kind of team. Our goals require collaboration across all departments and our structure facilitates that.
In this role you will initiate outreach to people and communities to ensure stakeholders across Iowa are represented and elevated throughout the campaign.
What you'll do:
- Work with a regional team within the Iowa political department
- Initiate and help maintain relationships with different constituencies in the greater Iowa community
- Support the political objectives of the campaign
- Provide strategic recommendations to further the political goals of the campaign
You might be a good fit if you:
- Have 1-2 cycles of campaign experience
- Have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Are a team oriented go getter who loves working with different groups and building relationships
- Have exceptional organizational skills
- Are able to multitask and work well under pressure
- Truly value a diversity of experiences and voices, you know it positively impacts outcomes, and you can point to times you've demonstrated this personally and professionally
Pete for America is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment free from unlawful discrimination as is consistent with our commitment to diversity, respect, and inclusion.
Pete for America provides all employees and applicants with equal opportunity in all aspects of the employment relationship.