Content Assistant (Production)
South Bend, IN or Chicago, IL
Pete for America is looking for people to produce content for social media and other web platforms to help scale Pete’s message.
Pete for America is run by a growing, well-organized, and motivated team, backed by volunteers and supporters across the country. We're searching for hard-working and kind people to join us. We are committed to radical transparency and fairness, and are steadfast in our work to share Pete's vision with the country. We don't stand for harassment or discrimination of any kind.
Mayor Pete is a different type of candidate, and we are a different kind of team. Our goals require collaboration across all departments and our structure facilitates that.
We are building a modern campaign, and that means each department needs to leverage well-written content, tailored for the platform, audience, and moment. The content team oversees everything from signup page copy to templates for our handwritten thank you notes; from autoresponders to share graphics.
What you'll do:
- Lead on production responsibilities; simply: you make sure the things we write, build, and create get put out into the world on the platforms they were designed for
- Help pull the appropriate data sets for list segmentation
- Follow templates and work with the development team to create landing pages
- Support in rapid response research and processes
- Execute and support on QA processes
- Analyze results and help make recommendations to increase performance
- Assist creative teams in creation of visual assets
What you'll bring:
- A genuine value for diversity of experience and voices. You know diversity positively impacts outcomes, and you can point to times you've demonstrated this personally and professionally.
- An understanding that the best tool we have at Pete for America is Pete’s message and voice
- A commitment to seamless and inclusive user experience at every turn
- A respect for best practices but willingness to try out something new, too
- Knowledge of social and web platforms
- A knack for catching typos and grammatical errors
- Ability to pair creative instincts with performance data and analytics to optimize programs
Pete for America is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment free from unlawful discrimination as is consistent with our commitment to diversity, respect, and inclusion.
Pete for America provides all employees and applicants with equal opportunity in all aspects of the employment relationship.